Bonnet wire

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Haomaru, Jan 19, 2016.

1. My bonnet cable broke, how do i fix it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. "To get to this cable there are two methods - raise the front of the vehicle, remove all the under side plastic trays and access the cable by reaching up into the engine bay - the second method which I used was to remove the nearside front black plastic grill by the headlamp - get your fingers under the bottom edge starting at the headlamp and pull upward, the plastic grill separates from the bumper and as you move along it's length it will release without damage. Get a good torch and shine it in - you will see a grey plastic grill up top of the radiator by the bonnet - pull that free, mine came away with minimal damage and I can't actually see what function it served anyway."

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148443

Don't know if this is any help mate?

3. Yes its broken on the cabin side

4. Well i will get a cable from a Megane Li (No turbo version hatch back) from a crash car, about 13 pounds (350 mexican pesos), do u think is the same part?

5. There is a good chance its the same part yes. Can't see why Renault would make it different.

6. That happend with many other parts, offten more expensive the rs version

7. Do u think are the same ? Or this is ph1?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. It looks the same mate.

Is the length the same and are the ends of the cable the same - same type and orientation of the nipple?

9. Ok ill check that