Bolt in (half) roll cage r26 / 225 group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by R26Man, Aug 27, 2015.

1. What sort of price was being offered?

2. Think it was going to work out at about £500/550 posted

3. Who's Tony lol ... I only live round the corner and he said he would ring when he has steel to do them .. No phone call as of yet ...

4. I dont know anyone called Tony, i was a bit stumped by that as well.
    Are you the one taking your car there in December to have a full cage made ????

5. Yes, I'm having a local firm do mine, I've seen a lot of his work on friends drift cars and it's all built to MSA spec and he's a little cheaper

6. Do you think he will make a second one for me :wink:

7. Can't see why not, as it stands I won't be bothering just yet as no more track days still the spring etc and I've got a few other things I want to tie my time and money up in

8. Ha ha, i don't want to miss to many track day in the start of the year and it gives me something to do on dark cold nights

Any idea of price, PM me if you don't want to say openly

9. Did anyone ever get their cages made up by SW Motorsports? are they pleased with them? I have tried phoning them loads of times and never get any answer but i do see on their website they have the megane half cage as standard to order via the website......i wanted to speak with someone before hitting the order button

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Theres a few on FB with them, Good quality from what I've seen. They do seem to be extremely busy though hence the lack of contact you had

11. Thanks Jamie
    I was thinking they are very busy which is a good thing I guess, what do I search for on FB to see others with R26s as never done that before
    Chris

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Have a look on the various Megane/track groups and you should find them

Cazper likes this.
  13. I ordered one on the original group buy that didn't happen, ordered one anyway, they were going to phone me when it was ready, i phoned them again 6 months later and they were still waiting for a car to mock one up from, they told me they would phone me when they have sorted it out, that got to be over a year ago now, nearly two looking back.

14. Hmmm doesn't sound too good. I will see if they ping me back or I could just go ahead and order one from their site

15. If they can't put the effort in and phone me back then they are not going to get my money

16. I will let you know how I get on

17. ok just ordered a red cage for the R26 from SW Motorsports with the gussett thing on it....did it over their web shop so will be interested to see if they confirm etc and will report back

interesting
    the email address they have that comes back from Paypal is incorrect and bounces
    deep joy