Bolt in (half) roll cage r26 / 225 group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by R26Man, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Just emailed them to reserve mine.

2. Just paid for mine, first one to pay.

we have until the end of the month to get all five payments in to let this go ahead.

Get your payment made people!

3. I'm paid up!

4. I won't be needing one Paul, need the rear seats every now and again, bloody kids : )

5. When is this offer going to be ending guys???

6. Need all five paid for by the end of the month, delivery in October.

7. Any more takers for this offer please??

8. We have three orders now so this is a shout out for the final two takers please.

Call K-Tec and place your order and if for some reason the group buy does not find the five then a full refund will be given.

GREAT price and good product.

If we can get this off the ground then K-Tec will look at offering more group buys to the forum.

Cheers

9. If I were a ring enthusiastic guy I'd be going for a at least a proper bolt in cage the same as sammy has by SW cages not one that is mearly a show cage Paul , you need to be safe especially at the ring mate, UK tracks can be dangerous enough let alone the ring, I mean the cost of a good cage is the same cost of 20 laps of the ring, it's a no brainier mate, be safe.

10. I've been in contact with a local fabricator, Sa Motorsport based in the Midlands.

His work looks 2nd to none and his cages are built to MSA spec and I've seen cars he has done.

His bolt in half cages start at 360 and his weld in half cages start at 420, all conform to MSA spec too!

11. Andreas, Can you empty your folders as I am trying to PM you.

12. cleared mate

13. STOP PRESS....AGAIN!!

Hi All,

It looks like we are not going to get the minimum order for the K-Tec group buy option to go ahead.

Good News: I have spoken with Shaun at SW Motorsport again and he will make the cages (same as the black design in the thread which bolt to the rear seat mounting points and are stronger than the K-Tec type see below)

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/johnclifton2002/960109C3-965F-4DD8-A397-1720EBED8CF6_zpslndcwm8k.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/johnclifton2002/98DE6F24-FCA3-41D3-8F52-DD145BE70A54_zps7tbagkko.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/johnclifton2002/2FE8A0A2-CCB7-41B1-940E-5471BD2746DE_zpsuk8v3qwy.jpg

at £550 each delivered and powder coated in your colour of choice.

He has agreed to do them for us with a limited number less than five so if anyone else (three firm so far) wants to join in can you contact Shaun at SW Motorsports here http://www.swmotorsports.co.uk/ and tell him that you have spoken with Paul in Poole (so that he knows it's part of the offer for forum members) and that you want to join the group buy and order the same cage for £550 and he will take all details, payment etc and that way I am out of the payment circle... which is the best way..

He expects to start building very soon so to take advantage I would suggest that anyone interested call him A.S.A.P.

Cheers
    R26Man

14. Ordered mine today

15. Hi Ian,

Mine now ordered as well.

Shaun has asked if anyone lives nearby and could run their car over so that he can check the measurements for the mock up.

Do you know anyone who could help? If so could they contact Shaun here:

Contact SW
    Unit 3B
    Talbot Road
    Leyland
    PR25 2ZF

01772 378 224
    9am - 5:30pm | Mon - Sat
    shaun@swmotorsports.co.uk

Cheers
    Paul

16. This is back on now then ! ..

Surely he knows the measurements he's done a few Meganes now lol . How quick does he need somebody to bob down ? I'm not too far away

17. Hi John,

As soon as is convenient to you.

When do you think you might be able to go over??

Cheers

18. Just spoken to Shaun, he is just taking the measurements now.

19. Thanks Tom, I think he now has four orders including yours! FINALLY got the Group Buy off the ground!!
    Cheers

20. Dropped my car off with him this afternoon to use as a base car :tongueout:

How are you going to get these cages , I presume its collection only ?

21. Being delivered.

22. Hi John,
    Thanks for dropping your car and helping everyone out...top job!

Warren told me that they ship on a pallet.....hoping to get mine a.s.a.p as I'm off to the Ring next week and it would be good to have it fitted by then! Now that I have ordered one I feel kind of naked without it...

Thanks again for donating the car..
    Cheers

23. No probs Paul , you owe me a pint next time we meet lol

I think Warren is going to start making yours in the morning so fingers crossed you should get it in time :cool:

What colour you going for ?

24. I am in no desperate rush, so if anyone want's there's first tell them a i am willing to wait :smiley:

I'm going for a dark grey

25. you owe me a pint next time we meet we all do!

Colour to match the wheels!!
    megane 14.jpg
    Cheers

26. Did everyone get there roll cages? Im looking for as close to a r26r roll cage as possible, any suggestions anyone?

27. Just get Shaun to copy one, or £1,400 from Renault

28. He's still on with making the cages at the minute

The Ktec cage looks a bit like the R cage if that's what your after

29. Anyone had there cage delivered yet ?????

30. Been cancelled as far as I'm aware ... Had my car for 4 weeks and never made any due to shortage of steel so I picked it back up .

31. Cheers for that John

need to find something else now :mad:

32. Have they not even rung you ? Don't know if I actually believe them to be honest .

When I picked my car up they had 3 civic cup cars in all with full cages just fitted ready for paint ???

33. Those tegiwa lot that run sponsor the civic cup send so much work his way along with there new M3 cup series, wrong really as surely all customers are as important???

34. I might give him a call in the morning to see what's going on, seeing as John C has taken his car back, i doubt they will be interested as they have no measurement

35. I know and know of few people that compete in the tegiwa civic cup and they're all not short of cash so probably offering them more to get it done quick and jump the lead times..
    the ones I know also race in the mini miglia and mini7 series so if you know racing that's serious cash haha

36. I'm friends with the tegiwa guys and I get all me fluids etc off them for muchos discounts.

37. Just spoken with Shaun and he said Tony cancelled the group buy ???, but he did say that there is someone going in for a full cage 10th December, he is going to make me a half cage and 4 more as he said there has been others interested, I'll wait to see what comes about.

Dan did you get one sorted else where ????

38. Where were these being made? Sw?

39. Yes

40. What sort of price was being offered?