BMW dealers a complete joke!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gmauluka, Jul 6, 2018.

1. So i was looking have a bit of a change and get an m240i.

I had been to about 4 dealers and all of them were useless, either trying to sell me a convertible which I wasn't interested in or just wouldn't get back to me, even if i emailed them with a link asking if a car was still available.

Finally I found one, even though it took me 3x of calling them to book into see it as each time no one would call me back. Got booked in to see it and called the previous night to confirm. Arrived and no one had a clue about my apt. Took them over half hour to go get the car as it was at an employees house.

After taking it for a test drive etc got some figures and said I would call back shortly if I was going to put a deposit down. Tried calling twice shortly after leaving and was told I would get a call back, never did.
    Next day I called and had to speak to someone else to get my deposit put down.

They sent over the finance details for me to sign etc, 1st draft they sent me was wrong. They were trying to charge me an extra £500 more on my deposit and the monthly payments were higher.
    Pointed this out to them and they sent me the correct one. Everything was signed, finance cleared, approved on both sides.
    All was left was to go in pay the rest of the deposit and get the keys.

Was pretty excited all week to finally be picking it up as anyone would.

On the morning I'm meant to pick it up I get an email saying sorry, we made a mistake your annual tax isn't £195 its actually £550.

I was pretty pissed as this is a massive jump and I was already stretching my budget and knew I wouldn't be able to afford the difference. They admitted it to be a human error but I would have to pay the difference. I told them I'm not being responsible for their mistakes its down to them to resolve it. At first they wouldn't even cover all of the first year and was I so close to blowing a lid on the phone with them.

After going back and forth with them the whole day and speaking to 2 different managers the best they could offer me was to cover one year and a full tank of petrol which I felt was just insulting.

Eventually the deal fell through as they caused me so much grief and clearly weren't that bothered.

Was left so angry for rest of the day that they think its ok to try pull this on the morning of collecting my car...

2. I thought the road tax was £800 first year. £140 after that. A decent dealership is few and far between. All they want to do is sign up pcp deals all day long

3. They do sound pretty useless, but you should have twigged that something was not right with such low tax :tongueout:. Hope you checked bank loans, before getting fiance, apr was massive difference when i was looking

4. I did think it was surprising it was so low but thought maybe because it was pretty much brand new it made it cheaper.
    It was 6% because it was under 1k miles. Didn’t look at bank loans but def will if I carry on looking for another car. In two minds with keeping the 250 now

5. New government thing that came in last April. Any car built from that date which was originally over 40k goes into some crazy tax bracket and stays like that for the first 5 years.

6. Bnw ocean plymouth have a few in. 67-18 plates

7. If you can’t afford the tax per year, you probably shouldn’t be buying that car.
    Not exactly cheap to run.

BMW Aberdeen are very good. Not much use I guess.

8. If you’re that close to your budget that your worrying about the annul tax bill then that cars definitely not the right one for you.

If it’s was a principal thing then you’ve shot yourself in the foot imo....I’d have took the free tax and fuel.

9. This

10. No need for me to state the tax thing then lol.

I get this in work. Either people moan about the £2 increase per week to get the car they want. Or people spending a few thousand to save £2 a week. Either way it’s daft.

11. Well they refused to drop the price to what they originally quoted me. Checked back on their listings a few weeks later and they dropped the price of it by what the cost of the tax was over 4 years. So clearly they were just trying it with me

12. Premium price tag for terrible customer service....I can't abide dealers, pretty much all experiences I've had with them over the years has been bad, whether it's their arrogance or lack of good attitude, it's just been bad. I buy privately 99% of the time, with the exception of my Trophy R which I 'had' to buy from an independent dealer due to the fact they are so rare. That was actually a good experience overall.