Blue 250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Bowen, Feb 19, 2016.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The stock flexi is a bit restrictive, there's a thread on the OZ forums of before and after dyno testing, not massive difference but one none the less, it's in my list to get a larger one added in to my system if I keep it

2. Where can you buy aftermarket flexi? Or would it just be part of a Cat back system?

Big "if" there? The vultures are circling already....

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Any decent exhaust place will be able to do it, It will need the old one chopped out and a larger one welded in. Far cheaper than a full catback as well.

Haha, I haven't had peace since i put that up. Hoping to find a decent spec M3 to PX it for, Or ill just keep it for the summer and try again come winter time

Bowen likes this.
  4. Love the black mountains, awesome roads. Just watch out for the sheep. Lol

Bowen likes this.
  5. Forgot to mention, spotted a Royal Wheels Retrimmed steering wheel on eBay. Like brand new.

[​IMG]

dale.groves likes this.
  6. Have a Royal myself, nice jod except went for half leather half alcantara. Full alcantara is soon messy from natural hand oil and pita to clean

7. Lovely car in the best colour. I searched for a year for a cup with recaros and monitor no luck so bought a white 265 facelift cup.

8. Just read through this, absolutely wicked colour!

I guess your South Wales based? As someone thinking of going from 182 to a Megane 250 if your every offering passenger rides please let me know!

Bowen likes this.
  9. PM me mate, can take you out for a spin.

10. Well photobucket has fucked itself and everyone who did use it. Anyone suggest a user friendly hosting site, that you can easily share images from to forums.

FCS 2017, poorly organised but thoroughly enjoyed Donington, really enjoyable track. I fell in love with the Megane, it really does come alive on track.

RC5+ pads have ruined my front discs and unneeded rears anyway so should have new discs and pads all round this weekend.
    IMG_4289.JPG IMG_4288.JPG

Credit to Kieron Skyes for the photos!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Flickr is good for hosting.

Interesting to hear about the RC5s ruining discs though, quite a mild pad unless they have been ran too hot and left deposits?

Bowen likes this.
  12. Do like this colour, looks lovely in those pics.

I use Flickr for image uploads these days by the way. I think imgur is meant to be ok too.

Bowen likes this.
  13. I recently signed upto Imgur after Photobucket screwed everyone

Bowen likes this.
  14. Going to give flickr a go.

I think it maybe deposits on the discs, they sound awful not only screeching but the whirring is an awful sound. I'll give them a run down see if that sorts it.

15. Question, how do I post a photo from the Flickr app to a forum? I can't seem to find a img.link?

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Use the BB code to put photos up.

Probably is deposits, they really can't take proper track abuse, my discs looked terrible after a session out using them as I was still driving like I had my usual XP10s, good road pads and decent on the rear but not really upto much on the front axle

17. I know the internet raves about Carbon Lorraine pads, but I will be going to pagids once they're done... Not enjoyed them at all. I run 6 front 5+ rear....

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

18. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

I have used CL6's and 8's but as you say had problems with deposited on track days, i am currently using PFC z rated and find them great apart from the very first application in the morning, just needs a very slight bit of heat in them and then great all day, very little dust from them as well, just waiting for my plain Brembo disc's to be machined and then i am on a set of Endless pads :sunglasses:

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Pagid or Carbotechs are my go to. Interested to see how my new choice of pads compares to the usual ones I run

20. Long time no update. Recently sold our house and bought a larger new build property, with a flat driveway and to my surprise a large garage. At first I thought the garage was big because it was empty but no, got the Megane in there and I can open both doors of the Meg. Also enough room for other bits in there too.

So the Megane is off the road for winter. Not intentionally, as "it's just a Megane" but the roads on the new house estate are still rough with wagons unloading etc plus I wanted a comfy/wafty cruiser for back and forth the train station. Found an Audi A4 Avant, PD130 for sale locally. £500 12 months MOT. That'll do me. No pictures but imagine a ropey diesel A4 Avant.

I've come close to parting with the Megane, however I just don't know what else I would want. Test drove a new Golf R but it left me a bit numb. So I am sticking with the Megane.

Plans for the Megane over winter are, sort the ride height on the coliovers as I'm not quite happy with it, new tyres, lower ball joints as one is knocking, new front pads, Vibratechnic mount and possibly an exhaust if I can find a decent one.

38764832391_5f0c2fb030_k.jpg RS250 Winter Storage by Lloyd Bowen, on Flickr

37878206635_8aab5a6fa4_b.jpg RS250 winter storage by Lloyd Bowen, on Flickr

I'll update this as and when I buy parts etc. Also if anyone can suggest a trickle charger that would be great.

21. I used to use my bike charger, Optimate.

Bowen likes this.
  22. "Plans for the Megane over winter are".... Paint the garage floor ;-)

Bowen and Chimpeh like this.
  23. "Plans for the Megane over winter are"... Use it everyday... and wash it pretty much every other day :tired:

24. Do you have spacers? If so, how much mm?

25. Just read through the whole thing, car looks great and has convinced me to fit black headlights to mine.

Hello from another blue 250!

IMG_1815.jpg

Bowen likes this.