Blue 250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Bowen, Feb 19, 2016.

1. I love the colour on the last picture! Did you remapped the car that was otherwise standard? How much hp and torque did you get out from it?

Sent from my SM-A300F using Tapatalk

2. Cars spec is
    Ramair panel filter
    Scorpion Decat
    midbox chop

Thats it performance wise, it really does feel astonishingly quick. Booking in for a rolling road next month. Then brakes, lines and fluid. Possibly an FMIC.

Another pic next to my other project, a 30 year old mk1 golf gti.

[​IMG]

3. Fitted federal RSR's on all corners.
    [​IMG]

Cleaned it
    [​IMG]

And went for a drive
    [​IMG]

Chris Llewellyn likes this.
  4. Awesome

We regards those headlights, what kind of a job was it to split them??

I've very tempted....

5. Pre heat the oven and pop it in,check the seal every 10mins until you can pull it apart.

My best modification to the car is the dark headlights.

6. Small update but an update none the less.

Bought Matt's old gear knob
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drove it up the black mountains
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chris Llewellyn and Nigelo like this.
  7. Car looks epic mate.

Don't suppose you've got any more info about how you repaired your top gearbox mount have you? Like which parts of the 2 pieces of the mount actually have to be drilled? And what bolt you use afterwards?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

8. Cheers mate, seen yours on insta through Gti_christian? Looks really nice.

Do you suspect yours has gone? It's really obvious if it has. Basically it sounds like a blowing exhaust and a boost leak but you've got all power, don't know why you get those symptoms but you do.

Take the battery out and the the battery box and air box and you'll see:
    391A583A-E174-4949-BC8E-E771DF461F87_zpsemegggn3.jpg
    In the background you can see a hole, that's where the bolt is suppose to sit and the other bit of the thread is still attached to the rest of the mount. Raise the gearbox up and you'll be able to drill the old thread out. Replace with an m12 bolt (think it's m12?!) hope that helps.

9. Yes. Mate it makes total sense now. I kept thinking people meant the outer bolt holes which just don't look big enough! Legend.

And yeah mate, my insta name is the same as on here dale.groves got a couple of vids from the first trackday in the Meg at Cadwell [emoji106]

10. Splitter fitted
    CC1019D0-CAC7-443F-9F4A-C508EF74163B.png_zpsixeief2l.jpg

Tyre pen because, race car?
    [​IMG]

Expecting delivery of RC5+ pads and KTR brake lines with rbf600 brake fluid.

Nurburgring 13th June.

Nigelo likes this.
  11. Looks perfect. Love the splitter mate, which one is it?

12. Rhino lip, eBay. It's not solid so if you catch it on curb it just bends.

13. Perfect [emoji108]

14. I might have to chuck a Splitter on mine too mate, looks good

15. A lot of people seem to think the same.

16. Not one to disappoint with pictures here's another of some brake bits I've purchased.

[​IMG]

dale.groves likes this.
  17. Splitter looks good on there!

18. Didn't go to FCS had plans with the family, looked a good show. Maybe next year.

Whilst I went away with the family, I left the Megane with a local detailer for 3 days.

[​IMG]
    40084E68-2D86-4610-B905-88363B63A814_zpsj8wansv8.jpg
    [​IMG]

Jimbob 2705 and Nigelo like this.
  19. Hi, what's involved in fitting the splitter, looks good

20. Oh wow that shine though! [emoji15][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowen likes this.
  21. Hopw your sitting down reading this, huge update....

I lost a centre cap.

Cheapest I could find was £25 for one centre cap.

I found these on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291536351708

I know, £7.99 for 4. Worth a punt, if it's a waste lesson learnt at my expense.

They arrived today and.....they are perfect. Perfect fit, good quality material and so close to the OEM product.
    Thought I'd share.

Nigelo likes this.
  22. Flip Bowen, dont be going crazy now. Wrong choice of centre cap and might as well just scrap it!

:tonguewink:

Bowen likes this.
  23. How do the RC5's perform mate? Have they chewed through your discs? What kind of deposits do they create?

24. I've got the RC5+ on mine at the moment. They squeal like a bitch until they are abused but once they cool down again they squeal. Great pads though and mega bite compared to the standard pad. Not too dusty either. I'm not far enough into them yet to tell you about disc wear as I haven't done a track day since I changed them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack250 likes this.
  25. Busy few weeks in work and saving for a wedding means no time or money to play cars, until now.

This weekend I'll finally get around to changing the brake fluid, braided lines,pads and a gearbox oil change and then a parcel arrived.

Rather big box for a key ring?
    [​IMG]

There was something else in there...
    [​IMG]

Hello...
    [​IMG]

Airtec FMIC, should keep IAT's lower. Also ordered some wheel spacers for the rear to fill the arches.

S4BiT, Nigelo, EAndy and 1 other person like this.
  26. Fitted the intercooler yesterday, what a pain in the ass. Jesus. It took 5 hours, rounded bolts and stupid French clips making it difficult... I even roped in the missus to help as I just started to snap stuff.

The two bits I found difficult were the T30 torx in the wing and the clip on the intercooler on the drivers side, although it was almost impossible to take off getting it back on was just as hard but that said it's an odd design and I can't believe it actually holds with the boost.

Cheers love,
    [​IMG]

Considerable difference between the Airtec and OEM.
    [​IMG]

Only a quick test drive as I just could t be bothered and it pulls a lot harder and for longer.

MartijnGizmo and Nigelo like this.
  27. After fitting the intercooler on Friday evening I thought I'd do the Gearbox fluid, brake lines, brake fluid and rear spacers yesterday.

All went smoothly apart from the rear brake lines, just couldn't get the original lines off?!

Went for a test drive, the brake and clutch pedal feels a million times better. The gearbox feels a little better too but that could be a placebo.

Not sure what to make of the rear spacers, the car seems to handle slightly differently plus I'm getting a scraping over bumps in the road.

I'll get a pic up later.

Cheers

28. Having a cider while watching the misses hard at work sure sounds like a tough 5 hours... :wink:

Bowen likes this.
  29. It was a lager, otherwise you're spot on. : )

RS250 likes this.
  30. Went for a drive out to test the FMIC, pulls great, very happy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I convinced myself that the rear shocks were failing and that the fronts wouldn't be far behind so I bought some blistien b14 coilovers. Now I could have gone for nitrons but I have a wedding to fork out for....
    [​IMG]

MartijnGizmo, S4BiT and Nigelo like this.
  31. Do you drive through taffs well by any chance? I see a similar car quite often... And now I'm looking for Meg RS's haha

Bowen likes this.
  32. I do mate, twice a day (to and from the train station). Where do you see me exactly? what do you drive?

33. Usually by the bus depot or by the speed camera. Drive a mini r53 GP, your car looks superb

34. I was going to take a punt and say do you drive the Mini GP as it always catches my eye and I think to myself "that guys got taste" the Mini is beautiful.

I'm going to take a punt here, do you work in Cathays Park Offices?

35. It's a nice car but need some more seats ha. No I work in nantgarw and come from Newport. There is another GP in Cardiff mind.

RS250 and Bowen like this.
  36. There's one very similar to yours that's at my office.
    If ever you want to test drive a Meg RS250, let me know you can test mine.

Jimbob 2705 and S4BiT like this.
  37. Nice car! Great updates .... I like the blue.

Bowen likes this.
  38. Interested to see how you like the Bilstein's, have been eyeing them myself! :sunglasses:

Bowen likes this.
  39. I had a 250 in this colour! Wished I never sold it!

Had DRL, recaros, RS monitor, dual zone climate, visability pack! Was told was one of 2 with the same spec!

I'd buy the car back tommorow!

Attached Files:

Bowen likes this.