Bleeding clutch on 250

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by paulya610, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Need some help guys I have had to change the master cylinder on my rs250 and after doing so the clutch peddle doesn't come back all the way, only halfway. I assume this is down to it not being blead right. What is the best/correct way to blead the system on these? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

If its anything like the R26, pull the fitting out to the first click on the attachment to the gearbox, there is a bleed hole with a cap on, pull that off and put a tube on it with the end higher than the reservoir leave over night, or wedge the peddle down and leave over night

3. Cheers Ian, do we know if it is the same set up as and R26 people?

dale.groves likes this.
  4. Ball ache of a job. Took me best part of a day. Pay a garage to do it is my advice.

5. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Yes they are as near as dam it the same :laughing::laughing:
    I have tried both on mine and both work well you could try a combination of both, get the tube part done first and then wedge the peddle down for at least a couple of hours.

6. I’m sure I remember getting a syringe on the attachment and drawing fluid through that way??

This was on my 250 after I replaced that clutch pipe that runs under the battery tray.

I might be making that up though. It was a few years ago!

7. Bled my r26 one real easy.takes like 20 mins to do.

8. Anyone got any pictures of where the bleed point is