Blanking plate removal

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Meerkat, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Just bought my first RS. It had a blanking plate fitted which I want to remove and replace the original recirulation valve which I have. All this is above me but looks easy to replace. Only think is I don't know what pipe fits into the bit circled in photo.

Attached Files:

2. That's not the original recirculating valve

Not the best picture but might help
    http://www.catcar.info/renault/?lan...8Y3JudE5vcHI9PTEzMTF8fHJlZmFjY2VzPT1OMTQ1MDEy

3. I know the original is in a box in the car but couldn't bother to go out to get it and take photo lol Photo is from the net and justjwanted to circle the part that I could see a pipe needs to connect to.

4. Update. Found the original hose hidden away with a screw blocking it off. Any advice on how to go about replacing the valve as sounds a bit of a pain due to lack of space. I believe some people modified some tools to be able to work in such a tight space.

5. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

I think most people remove the battery and airbox to get some more room while doing it.

6. Any idea on removing airbox? Obviously can see front two screw. Is it a matter of just pulling it up?

7. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

You have to remove the battery and battery tray first

8. Thanks Charlie

9. Removing the airbox involves taking the battery, ECU and battery box out, then it's 1 10mm bolt to remove, then pull it out and up from a hole in the firewall and a hole in the gearbox mount underneath which secures it.

10. Thanks for the info