Black RS Cup-S Advice

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Lowthy89, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Hi guys,

New to this forum so bare with..

Looking for a bit of advice regarding my RS Cup-S but struggling to find any helpful information around.

Had have my Black Cup-S for about 3 years now currently sitting on about 34k miles which includes the full leather Recaros, 19” STEEV Speedline alloy wheels (gloss black/red rim) and R-LINK Multimedia system (including DAB radio) with V2 on board performance tracking.

Can anyone give some advice on what sort of price this would sell for in the current market?

I’ve tried looking online but can only find things from a couple of years ago. Local main dealer has said they could offer around 14k but we all know they offer less than what you can get privately.

Appreciate any help or guidance on this

Cheers

Chris

2. As a slight but maybe out of date guide I sold my Flame Red 275 Nav around the same miles for about 14.5k (can’t remember exactly.) This was back in March though and I’d expect it would be worth 16-17k now.

It had every option except Ohlins (Recaro’s, Akrapovic, RS Monitor, Bilstein B14 etc) and it had just had the gearbox refurbed (common issue on the 275) and full cambelt, aux belt and water pump etc just done.

I found when selling mine everyone wanted Liquid Yellow and they are definitely desirable in certain specifications.

I think you have a positive in the car having Recaro’s, good mileage etc, but then black doesn’t seem as desirable so would take longer to sell in my opinion.

The Cambelt etc will be due in the next few months even if it’s a late car which is a £5-600 job

If the dealer hasn’t asked about this (I am assuming it hasn’t been done here) then I think £14k is pretty fair, considering it’s from a dealer who will take all the dealing with random people etc out of the equation.

3. Tricky to price anything at the moment.

I would chance your arm at a higher price & let supply & demand work it out.

RS280's still over £20k and low miles R26 coming upto £10k.

So 250/265/275 are occupying the £10-20k range. And you have a low miles last of the 275's with some nice options.

As said before things like belts, tyre life/brand and car condition will ultimately put a swing on any price by upto £1500.

4. Definitely worth chancing your arm in today's market, crazy times.

Mr Spoon likes this.