Big Uno's R26 Project / Engine Build

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Big Uno, Oct 28, 2017.

1. if the adapter and regulator.

2. No problem, hope you find the right part

3. I haven't read the whole thread in huge detail, but this is a similar build as to what I want to do, all be it mine will be held together with blue tac and cable ties :tearsofjoy:

4. If it works whats the problem :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Agreen likes this.
  5. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

6. How long till yours is up and running, must be nearly there now :confused::confused::confused::confused:

7. I already have a tracking number.

August 28 I have to have everything that is missing.

you want to finish it

8. Send it over and i will finish it for you, i have one outside my workshop waiting to be stripped :laughing:
    A liquid yellow R26 think its got a ring land failure

9. as you continue like this. you set up a workshop hahahahaha

10. I have had my workshop for over 5 years now, its really for my job, but there's space for my Megane :laughing::laughing:

11. What are the symptoms for this, or is it a catastrophic failure and not a slow deterioration?

12. It lost power and wasn't running very well, starts and drives, no smoke from the exhaust, the owner bore scoped it and there is damage to number 1 piston, think he caught it in time, but needs stripping, think its going to get forged

13. I see.

Mine has been burning oil on tick over for a while, but no loss of power! It made 300bhp+ lol.

I'm thinking valve seals tbh

14. get a bore scope in the plug holes just to make sure, it might not have got that far yet to cause a power loss

15. I've got the engine ready to pull out now, just waiting on a hoist that should be here today.

16. Boom, pretty easy actually!

Attached Files:

17. Now the fun begins :laughing::laughing:

Agreen likes this.
  18. This is seriously impressive and unbelievably time consuming!

I've started doing mine this afternoon, genuinely think this is a ten hour job to get it to this standard!

19. you will need some spare time to sort that lot out, not really sure it makes any difference on forced induction though :openmouth: