Big megane 250 crash at nurburgring

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by dru, Sep 20, 2015.

1. dru

dru

Apparently a 250 crashed massively today at the ring (rollover), driver was seriously injured Iv been told... Anybody got any info? Hope he's okay...

2. Hope they're ok, but also hope it wasn't that chap who does all the videos in the white meg.

3. dru

dru

Oh crap yeah, that thilo guy... A few of his mates have white meganes too from what Iv seen..

4. Hopefully those involved make a speedy recovery, look like an epic crash!

5. Is the crash on YouTube?

6. dru

dru

Not yet because the guys injured, video of the crash does exist but The guy hasn't shared it ....

7. Fair enough I guess... Just wondered how people had seen it.

8. And to top it off those B------s over their will more than likely send him a fine for marking the grass or something

9. It's not one of the local 250's .....I just had an email and it was a visitor who took the left hand side of the track over the rise at the end of Schwedenkrutz as he tried overtaking the car who shot the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-FL7DMU75k

You see one person get out of the car.... don't know any more at this time.

10. Really hope he's ok, place wants closing down, when will the general public learn to stay away in road cars

11. Feel sick watching that, hope all occupants of the Meg are OK.

12. It's not the track that's dangerous, it's the people who drive hard around it before learning their limits (or the track).

Hope they're not too badly hurt.

13. It's stuff like this that's steadily put me off the idea of going, I might just stick to the lazer scanned version on Assetto Corsa.
    I know you can just take it steady around but accidents happen even then and you can never count on what other people might do.

That section of track is possibly one of the most dangerous for big accidents it seems too given it's the or one of the fastest points on the track in terms of velocity.

Like you say, hope they're ok or come out of it ok anyway.

14. dru

dru

I can't get the video to work but cheers for sharing the info I hope they are okay...

15. The video has now been removed.....

16. So was it that Thilo dude ? I watch all his videos and he has epic skills. What a nightmare for who ever crashed :worried: !

17. No it was NOT Thilo or any of the "Fast Five" group.

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Only a matter of time until one of them has an off anyway. The way they drive in TF is mental. I know of several locals that avoid them and have had issues with them being very "racey" on a public day. Ie stuffing it right up the inside into a corner and forcing people out the way

19. Dont think they care as they are insured.

20. dru

dru

Yeah Germans are insured they couldn't care any less! Lol

21. That is unreal!! Very lucky to walk away from that!

22. is shocking what could happen if things go wrong ! I was there last year and witnessed a 911 spin infront of us in to the barriers

23. Seen the video on facebook, very lucky if he's walked away.

Either way I love the place not just the track the whole region and culture over there and can't wait to go back next year!

24. +1

25. As one of the guys on here said 'If you drive flat out down a road you don't know well what can you expect"' Given the amount of cars on there accidents are few really

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nothing to do with being insured or not, So are those that i mentioned but they don't drive like its a round of VLN when they go out on TF sessions.

27. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

that was a crazy crash - ive never seen a car hit a wall and bounce into the air like that before! bet the driver/passenger shit themselves!

28. Very hard, hope he´s ok

29. That section of armco basically didn't do its job, or isn't built for the speeds involved. It flexed backwards on impact creating a ramp launching the car.

30. Apart from hoping he's ok I couldn't disagree more.

Everyone who drives there knows the dangers. You may aswell say everyone should stay at home all day and never take a risk. There is no point in living if you don't enjoy your self.

In my opinion tourist laps should be re named "novice track time" (or similar)
    Experienced drivers should attend the fast driver/track day type of event where the pace is much quicker.

Everyone has to start someware and the only way to learn a track is to drive it.

31. It's a great place to experience but sometimes things do go wrong just drive like its a country road you don't know and don't push it Beyond your limits. Always good to grab a bite to eat at the pistenklause restaurant after for steak on the stone

32. Watched a lot of you tube clips of Nurburgring but never seen a car launch like that in the air., shows the place is massively out of date. I get the driver may have been beyond the limit but surely the ring can have better safety standards !

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Out of date? Better safety standards?

That was a freak accident in the way it flipped like that, There was another Megane crash at SX a couple months ago and it didn't end up like that. Same with the accident at the top of Flugplatz all those months ago when the GTR that Jann Mardenborough was driving flipped over the safety fencing causing the knee jerk implementation on the speed limits on various TD's and races for a short while after.

There wouldn't be so many rounds of VLN, RCN or the famous N24 if the safety standards really were that poor eh....

34. driver got out ok the full vid is on FB somewhere

35. The Nurburgring is like no other track , amazing but with a vicious bite if you get it wrong . I've been going now on aff for 8 years never timing myself just driving my favourite B road with no speed limits for fun ✌don't be put off buy the place , anyone who loves cars and motorcycles for that matter should go , have a steak on a stone with a beer, do a few laps BRILL .

36. Someone said the wheel ripped his thumb off because he didn't take his hand off the wheel before it hit the wall, not sure if it's true or if they put it back on!

37. I've seen people get a broken thumb from the impact more than once. Not too sure about getting it ripped off mind you.....