Best place in Essex for engine work . . .

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by richmeg, Oct 18, 2022.

1. I used to visit Engine Dynamics but read one of their best mechanics Alex has left to AW Motorworks, any feedback?

Might be looking at paying for a cambelt change so wondering who to take it to.

Ta,
    Rich

2. AW Motorworks is actually Alex's company. I am on various forums/groups etc and heard nothing but good things about him. He is very busy though so email is the best way to get hold of him I think and he will get back to you when he can.

3. Alex and the team at AW Motorworks build megane and clio engines / gearboxes in their sleep. Alex is a top honest bloke and the only person to work on my car bar myself. Great location with plenty of parking.
    Highly recommended.

4. Yeah lots of good reviews for Alex and AW Motorworks . . . I wonder what the wait time is like trying to get booked in?

Also do they charge much mark-up on parts as I have a friend who works for a Renault distributors . . .

5. Do they have a dyno? Need some 630 injectors and a remap.

6. Regards parts, i've supplied the parts in the past and Alex has fitted them. It's not a problem. ( OEM Cambelt kit )

7. Cool thanks buddy.

It's just getting hold of him now, pm'd the Facebook Group and left a message on the contact number but no response yet. Prob flat out.