250 Best gearbox oil?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Aterro, Jan 10, 2017.

1. When I start my 250, the first 2 or 3 times putting in gear is hard.

Could this be gearbox oil?

If so, what gearbox oil is needed and how much?

Where is the drain plug and fill plug?

No gearbox filter?

Thank you.

2. I have the same problem and after 5-10 min drive everything is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Anyone?

4. Not sure if it is the best but I used Motul and have no issues whatsoever.

5. How much gearbox oil is needed for megane? 250.

I won't be putting copper slip in the gearbox lol

6. Have you spoken to anyone else about this? a lot of people dont change the gearbox oil in the whole life time of the car, i would doubt very much this is the cause of your problem

7. Don't be silly

Any oil degrades.

I just want to know how much gearbox oil the gearbox takes.

8. I've recently changed mine with the proper Renault ELF NFP. You have to buy 3L. It takes approximately 2.4L.

Just to make you aware even after the change the gear changes at first in this cold weather can be tough. It's normal.

9. I've changed mine recently and did notice a slight improvement, but not as much as other cars I've owned. I'm not sure how sensitive the Megane is to gearbox oil types, but I've just used the oil that renualt recommends, that way you know the gear box and diff are using the right oil and it's probably the safest thing to use.

10. Mines the same in cold weather first 5 mins until its warm which surprised me but then it's all ok. I was considering also about changing my gearbox oil due to this issue glad it's not just my car.might change it at next service.