Belgian 275 gets some upgrades

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by mrbull, Apr 26, 2017.

1. A few weeks back I fitted the PFC 348mm floating disks, Ferodo DS1.11 pads, some braided lines and Motul 660 fluid. The stock brakes were my only real disappointment with the the car. I think I cooked the first set of stock pads on track, and I also had some transfer or I warped the stock rotors. Probably the former, as it seems I was able to clean them off with some hard braking, but the problem never went away. After the stock pads were done, I fitted a set of PFC Z-Rated pads. I was hoping to find some more initial bite and overall torque with these pads, but I did not, they did improve the feel of the brakes much. So, I figured I’d just start over with the best bits I could find. With the new disks/pads/lines/fluid the braking is in a different league! Maybe I just need to recalibrate myself, but the initial bite is almost too much. I’m also now wondering about the brake balance as there is so much more torque at the front. I guess I should fit some more aggressive pad at the rear. Suggestions welcome.

34153383791_15220ed8ca_k.jpg

34153386671_4df3c282af_k.jpg

Last week I brought the car into Raeder at the Nurburgring to install KW Clubsports. These guys know their way around Meganes, and really seem to know what they are doing. The car was corner balanced and aligned. It’s running -3 degrees of camber in the front. Ride height is 34 front 33 rear. I have not had it on the track yet, but on some spirited driving around some twisty roads, the car feels solid and planted. The steering is also now much sweeter. Ride quality is about equal to stock on moderate road imperfections but starts to feel more 'firm' on crap roads.

34153388631_4bd6e36dc0_k.jpg

34153399071_e903f0179a_k.jpg

At the same time I put on a set of Yokohama AD08Rs on OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 (ET48) wheels. The car was on the stock (19" Turini) wheels for about ten minutes between coilover install and the alignment rack and I’m glad I went with a different wheel setup. The offsets on the stock wheels look really silly with the car dropped by 30mm. The offset on the OZs looks perfect, but did required some light trimming of the wheel well liners in the rear. I also installed some new TMPS sensors (OEM) as I really like being able to see the pressures from the drivers seat. The guys in the tire shop were telling me that they need to be programmed, but that's not true. The car picked them up automatically.

34153397281_a75f8e9d3f_k.jpg

Here is how it sits now.

34153394261_d0de0a1d82_k.jpg

34153391901_41be1c5165_k.jpg
    Now the seal is broken… where to go next….???

Dongerz, R3LMV, James275 and 10 others like this.
  2. Looks absolutely spot on.

3. Lovely! I'm tempted by 2 piece disks before Spa. Have you changed the rear pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. No, stock rear pads at this point. I'm thinking to swap them based on how much more bite/torque there is at the front now - want to kept it balanced. Not sure what's the right choice. Seems there are not so many pad choices for the rear and no compounds as aggressive as the ds1.11. Open to advice on this.

I was debating the PFC disks for a while as they are not cheap. At least you can replace the rotors independent of the hats. I used that to talk myself into it!

5. Looks the part!

6. Lovely upgrades, must anker like mad now!

If it hasn't been done yet a remap would be the next best thing to do!

7. Love both the wheels and the discs, I'm following this thread now.
    Like Tutuur says, get it remapped. Going by the discs also, it looks like you are not scared to throw some money at it so maybe a full turbo back titanium exhaust from CGR before the re-map? :wink:

8. I think you've got the offset and height spot on with that setup

9. Get a decat! The best mod I did on mine after the clubsport [emoji6]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1635-02 met Tapatalk

10. Car looks stunning mate! Lovely upgrades. I've got some clubsports en route and have been pondering on setup. Do you know what caster and toe you're running?

11. That looks fantastic.

12. The setup sheet I received is in German, so I'm a bit handicapped. I'm quite sure there are no caster numbers on there. If "Spur" translates to toe, then it looks like 2.5/2.75mm l/r.

jack250 likes this.
  13. Cheers for the numbers mate. Watching this thread!

14. Wow this looks beautiful, is it grey or black? I've never seen a grey trophy, stunning! I was thinking of these discs too. So pfc discs and ferodo pads. Where do you purchase them? Look amazing [emoji41]

15. Post the sheet mate, i'm sure i can help :smile:

jack250 likes this.
  16. Errm, hi!

It looks like titanium to me which wasn't a Trophy colour in UK, but may have been in France.

17. Yes, you got it - titanium grey.

18. How many Trophy's sold in France, if that's where you are?

For comparison, there were 96 UK Trophy's sold.

19. Any updates on the car since the setup?