Sponsored By:  

Bedford GT OPL 27th Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Steve Barrett, Nov 4, 2015.

1. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

This is the guy i bought my seats from http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/kode-performance-uk?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

I am going to take the adjustable ones out and ditch them, they have caused me so much problems on track days, they are turning under braking and cornering it then throws the tracking out and the traction and abs stop working, had to do it twice on Saturday.

First few laps out i still had my road tyres on and i also forgot to adjust the damping. :rolleyes: overall though i had a great day, my mate was running rain sport 3's all day and i followed him for quite a few laps very surprised how quick he was cornering.
    I am going to book Oulton Park this week, i have already booked Anglesey on the 24th April.

2. ianplymouth

An orange one, the only one there i think, it was that he said he had a M135 and saw it in your thing under your name that you have a M135.

3. What were you in?

4. Don't worry just looked back through the pages lol, would've been good if you had joined with us

5. Cheers for the link mate, yh i couldnt be messing around on a trackday keep adjusting it. tyre pressures and damping adjustments is enough for me lol i was watching some of the lads up my end of the pit lane and they spent more time changing wheels and adjusting stuff than getting out on track and enjoying themselves.

What car was your mate in? would love to do Anglesey but its just abit of a pain getting there and back. Cant make the Oulton one but thinking about the Rockingham one and my brother wants to do one of the Bedford ones again. Did you take the .r wheels Saturday?

yh its a shame, was handing like a house fly before i filled it up with petrol lol

Theres a decent place Northampton way, mine needs redoing tbh but needs a good detail first. Seriously considering chopping in the clio and getting a mk3 after Saturday and watching them go round the ring last year. Did you check the tyre pressure once the Ns2's were upto temp? may just needed abit of air taking out of em. What trackdays you doing next, Doing any of the Renaultsport ones? Didnt know you was interested in the R26r otherwise i would of taken you round in it mate, definitely a future classic. Mines running about 246-7, Paul done a linear map on it but other than that shes standard.

6. ianplymouth

I didn't want to keep adjusting it, it just kept moving, it happened before and i thought i sorted it by creaming up the nut.

My mate was in a Blue 225 55 plate fitted with a set of ADV1's

Book Anglesey it's great, it's a 5 1/2 hrs each way for me but is well worth it, we are staying over, had a great evening the night before the time i last went, 6 of us were in the same hotel.

I did Rockingham last year, only as a taster session, it was damp not raining and it was horrendous i was in my wifes Stilo Abarth and the traction control/abs light was on for 90% of the lap, it was slipperier than a slippery thing on an ice rink, so i will not be doing that one.

Yes i did take the .r wheels they had my road tyres on, so they were what i drove up on.

7. emc

emc

Think that was me and my mate, Dom. I was driving a Black R26 and he had a few sessions in my car too. He has a Smurf blue 135 Coupe he's modded a fair bit.

Was great chatting to you and it was great looking at you Water-to-Air intercooler system. I'd love to know where you got your sideskirts from!

Had a great day although I boiled through a bit of brake fluid and now have a brake fault along with my emission fault to sort out. My PS3's performed pretty well I though and were good for a max of 4 hot laps before they turned into molten rubber. Still have a fair bit of tread left too.

8. ianplymouth

Hi emc
    Was your mate the one with the beard ???
    I also would like to know where i can get another set of side skirts, or twenty been asked so many times now i could make some money if i could find some more.
    The water temp on the outlet of my charge cooler stayed quite low, never saw it any higher than 16 degrees.
    My mate in the blue 225 had rainsport 3's on and i know he was well impressed with them, i followed him for a few laps and he was quick in the corners and he is still in standard tune.

9. Finally some of mine
    0b2ed1a82341a23f599e95a04cd65080.jpg

dc2fa367707653b1da0fee38a9db1b49.jpg

36d80d31b26b7f15511ec8b0769f636c.jpg

c8d8c2693568c06e4c8083aa023a289a.jpg

10. Pictures look good, might add Bedford to my list this year although I'm a Cadwell and Oulton man haha

Bit of a pisser with those bushes Ian, I recall Martin having similar problems on his R?

I'm glad I've opted for the non adjustable ones

11. Should book on for the 1st July mate, renault sport evening £89 passengers free ;-)

12. Then head up to Cliosport festival on the Saturday morning

13. I'm at work that day mate else I probably would of done tbh and I've got no holiday left now for the rest of the year haha