Sponsored By:  

Bedford GT OPL 27th Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Steve Barrett, Nov 4, 2015.

1. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Inferno 225 for me and my mate Simon in his Blue 225.

2. ~Shaun~

~Shaun~ RSM Club Member

I'll be in my Oyster Grey 250 Cup, hopefully wearing R888s if it's dry lol.

3. Me and the wench in my r26.

4. emc

emc

I'll be in my black R26.

5. My black Clio 182 with orange bits.

6. Sold out..... See anyone who's going on Saturday...

Forcast is dry and cold

Steve

7. How many cars are on the list

8. 90 cars

9. What time are people getting there tomorrow? I'll try and get there early to get a garage

10. Plenty of photos please and have a good day

11. Might drive over and watch some track action if it's not to bad weather, only 30-45 mins from me

12. What a superb day....

Sun out all day and perfect turbo weather (bleeding freezing lol)

My 1st outing in the Megane and all I can say is she performed soooo much better than expected for a relatively std car (turbo back exhaust, front mount, spacers and H&Rs) I'm seriously thinking about not remapping as I was so happy in this trim with the result..

Hope everyone else who went had as much fun as me (and my daughter who's 1st track outing was today).

Steve

13. Really enjoyed today, expected it to be a lot busier on track with the amount of cars but it was fine, got a bit worried in the briefing when he showed the SEN layout.
    anyone on here have the grey 250, it was spitting some nice flames out the back

14. Mark were you in the 60 plate white car??

15. No the black and orange Clio 182

16. ~Shaun~

~Shaun~ RSM Club Member

I was in my O/G 250, R5 XSG was my plate, no idea if my car spits flames though lol, there was at least one other O/G there today.

17. ~Shaun~

~Shaun~ RSM Club Member

Good to chat with you today Steve, the White 250 belongs to JWilliams on here.

18. that was the one iirc, it the GoPro has picked it up I will upload the video.

19. It was a great day yesterday. Would've been better if my car wasn't having braking issues, but fun nonetheless!

20. Great day yesterday, bit chilly but other than that the wether was spot on. Everyone was well behaved and some great cars there.

I had the same problem at the start with the gearbox, kept getting 5th instead of 3rd and 6th instead of 4th. might of just been me thou as it was fine for the rest of the day and i barely drive it so might just be me adjusting to it.

I saw that Oyster spit flames aswell down the straight, will look through my go pro in abit but im sure it was the one with the ktr sticker on the boot. And christ do them MK3's go well! couldnt compete with the white one and gav's ly 275. Never got the chance to have a play with steve's.

Sorry i didnt get the chance to speak to many of you, i did walk down the pits a few times but it always seemed that when i was in pits you lot were on track, probs avoiding my driving lol Didnt feel like there was 90 cars there either?

21. Were you in the RB r26.r?

22. yes mate, surprised there wasnt any other .r's there either.

23. That .R was bloody lovely, couldn't stop looking at it by far the best colour imo.

Thanks for the kind words, I was so impressed with the car yesterday. Shame about the RSR's, they weren't really up to the job lol.

c469cd5c85df737fa0b288f6a53b616e.jpg

24. P.s it was nice to meet a few of you

25. Easy finding my car in the MSV pics... Advantage of red wheels lol..

Steve

26. My PS3's had a window of about 5 laps until they got too hot and took 1 lap to get grip in the rears which was scary on the 1st outing lol

27. ~Shaun~

~Shaun~ RSM Club Member

Cracking day yesterday, again, good to meet and chat with a few of you from here, my car has got the KTR sticker on the back, I've managed to half wear out my brand new R888 front tyres, did around £120 in fuel as well lol

If any or you have got any videos of my car I'd love to see them.

The R26R sounded amazing going past the pits, what a beautiful car.

It was also great to see such a variety of Renault cars on track.

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What's with the blue front end on that yellow Megane?

29. Protective tape - I would imagine to stop getting stone chips on the trackday. He had done a very good job of applying it.

30. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I thought that might of been the reason for it, bit excessive mind you imo but each to their own, can understand why. My front end is properly ruined

31. That would be mine, for the price of 6 pound and half hours work it saves risk of getting a stone chips on the paint, i should have taken a picture of the tap before i took it off, looked like it done its job of protecting it ! Really good day tho! Russell I would have carried on having a play with you but my fuel gauge decided to tell it was empty but when I got back to the pits had over half a tank lol

32. Looks like a great day, I am there tomorrow. Did someone say 'pair of new front tyres'?!

33. ianplymouth

Hi Georgeski
    Was it you i was talking too in the building where the toilets were, chatting about Merc's ????

34. ianplymouth

Poppin
    Did you leave early ?? same really walked up to see you a number of times, but you were out on track, had a problem with the adjustable bushes again on my front suspension arms and by the time i sorted and tested i couldn't find you at all.

Just a heads up on the seats, they were great on the drive up, had to be about 4.5 hrs, padding is not very thick but no bum ache, they were great on track as well.

35. Yh mate went about 3ish, brother had to get back for the kids. shame about the bushes but other than that was the car alright? over took you once as you was joining from the pits but was hoping for abit of a blast on track lol Im definintely going to be doing one of the Renaultsport days in the meg if your up for it.

Think im sold on the seats, had a quick look at the white clio with the same seat and they do look the part.

36. lool typical french! i was the complete opposite, ide just filled up and its surprising how much the extra weigh can affect the handling. you and the white mk3 was just infront of me before break but couldnt get close enough to have a play, serious piece of kit them mk3's. Have you looked into get paint shield? got it on the meg and its pretty decent to be fair, plus you wont have to hide that LY paint away.

37. No, could've been my brother though. What colour megane were you driving?

38. Yeh i did get a price for it but just haven't got round to getting it done. The mk3 do handle well, i didn't really rate mine that much before i fitted the b14 coilovers but they have changed the handling massively. I had a spare set of Ns2-r tyres that i fitted but they where rubbish after you got some heat into them so will be getting something else before the next one. I do still love the R26r and keep finding myself looking at them! What power is yours running ?