Battery tray removal

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Maccy44, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Has anyone got any pics of removing this?
    I'm sure I read there is only 3 points to remove but there seems to be more than that from what I'm looking at!

2. nope..just the 3 bolts..just hope they are not rusted in...mpst of the time they are..which will mean grinding the heads off the bolts.

Actually getting the tray out after unbolting is tricky,as the wiring loom doesn't have much slack in it around the tray itself..but it will come with a bit of angling of the tray..

3. 3 bolts as shown here

4. That looks different to mine! I broke one bolt off and the other came out okay

5. Are those picks from mk2?

6. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

yeah mk2

7. Ah, mine is mk 3
    There seems to be a lot more connected to the tray in the mk3!

8. How much resistance should I be feeling removing the mk3 batt tray, it feels like thing are going to snap trying to pull it out here!......

9. I did this the other day...it was a nightmare. Is connected to other components pretty much all the way round. Ended up taking out the headlight to get more room. Then had to chisel where the plastic tray has rusted to the metal bracket lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk