Battery removed and emergency key won’t unlock car (Meg 265)

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Veloce, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Hi guys,

Greetings from Australia.

Over the weekend I went to replace the weak upper gearbox bolt on my Megane 265. So I removed the battery only to find that the mount had failed. Long story short I closed the car, and now can’t unlock it with the emergency key.

I’ve had someone come and release it from the inner door handle (wire through the window) but it still wouldn’t unlock. A locksmith told me the only way to unlock the car would be to break a window, release bonnet catch, and then hook up battery.

Just checking if anyone on here has had a similar problem/solution?

Cheers,

Luke

2. How did you lock the car with no battery?

3. The car must have automatically locked itself before I disconnected the battery.

4. I would jack the car up, get the under tray off and try to either get to the alternator or the starter motor, you dont need to get in there with jump leads, just some 12/14 gauge wire as it only needs to unlock the car.

Jamie230 likes this.
  5. Thanks mate! You’re a lifesaver.

I got underneath the car and managed to get a jumper lead onto the positive terminal, and sure enough it was enough to unlock the car.

Jamie230 likes this.