250 Battery connections

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by pauljoecoe, Aug 23, 2020.

1. The RS has been locked away in my garage while I was abroad for 3 years. I disconnected the battery over that time.

Good news, on return it started 1st time.

not so good - I can’t work out how the negative terminal is connected. The way I have it is clearly wrong and won’t allow the battery cover to fit but I can’t see, to work out how it should go.

This is how I have it temporarily. Any chance of a pic showing how it should be?

EBDF579B-1D91-4735-B0D1-44AE97FFCEE9.jpeg

2. they go one on the each of outside bolts, so you need another nut

3. what you've done is correct, not going into details just now but its important to connect the two earth straps at the same time so keep them together, you just need to move the two earth straps to the left slightly as its stopping you fitting the cover, the (red) arrow shows the cable grab that should push onto battery housing and might also need to use other holes in the earth strap in order to move cables to left up closer to the battery box but deffo keep together
    You could also reverse your battery clam bar (yellow arrow) so that its not touching to the live feed in unlikely event the bar wore through the cable

Attached Files: