225 Bass needed, speaker suggestions?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by MDP91, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Hi guys

After having a small sub in my 182 previously and now moving to the Megane ive since sold the sub because I need the boot space.
    However, I'm really missing the extra depth, I listen to quite a range of music and the Meganes speakers are so flat. I've had a search and haven't found much, but I'm wanting to upgrade my speakers so give better bass, if I can avoid 6x9's I will though. Anybody have any suggestions, my audio knowledge isn't the best.

Regards
    Mark

2. Would be good to know how you get on as the RS250 sound system is somewhat lacking too

3. Pionner

4. I will be changing speakers on mine next month. I was recommended JBL 13 cm speakers, and some anti-moisture protection for door as I was told M3RS suffers some issues with water egress.

5. You need a sub or 6x9's for more bass. Changing 13cm speakers won't make anywhere near enough difference.

6. Ok. Where to fit 6x9 speakers? Is it any "simple" way to connect it to whole "radiosat"?

7. Thanks for the reply, does seem 6x9's are the option to go with.

8. My ex had a Vibe 'under seat' active sub in the boot of her old Twingo 133.

It was nowhere near as booming as a normal active sub but it did add a lot more depth and quality to a set of 13cm coaxials up front.

Only thing I would try and test is whether it will even fit under the seat as I know they're shallow but often too large to fit under a normal seat. I'd like something more bassy in my Trophy but not sure best solution yet.

9. Do do a proper job of 6x9's you need to take the rear 3/4 panels out and use autoleads plugs you can buy from eBay for a few quid. Then fit underneath a stealth shelf for a close to factory look but a little extra oomph without losing boot space. An active sub can give what you need too, but the wiring to the battery is probably as hard as taking out the rear 3/4.

10. I have this under the passenger seat in my 225 and it is excellent. Much better than the pioneer equivalent. Plenty of bass and brilliant build quality. I think it's full aluminium. You should see the smile on the mrs face when it's turned up :wink:.