Back in a Renault!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Patrick Swayze, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Well my last Renault was a rather sweet Phase 2 19 16v, that was 25 years ago. Didn't think I'd see the day that I'd be back in a Renault but here I am in an 07 plate RS 175dci.

Couldn't pass up on the offer so thought I better find the place where all my questions will be answered!

Hi to all.

Only got one pic, more to follow I'm sure.

Attached Files:

2. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Hi and welcome
    I loved my Dci, it had BC coilovers, buckets, cage etc etc
    absolutely fantastic on track in the wet, not too bad in the dry apart from long straights :astonished:

Patrick Swayze likes this.
  3. It was pouring down when I picked it up and it seemed very capable.

Gunna press it into service and see how it fares.

Mapping will be top of the list, any recommended establishments with club affiliation do you know?

4. ianplymouth

Its harder to find anyone that is capable of mapping them, i have an Espace with the same engine, well this is my second Espace, the first i had flash mapped by Radical remaps, i went for the "torque and Ecomany" map due to the mileage, i added nearly 100K to it without any problems.
    They did offer a power map, was told that would give me about 220hp, that would be a great gain although it doesn't sound much.

5. That's surprised me but I suppose the game has moved on from these old smokers.

Bet an Espace with this lump would be a very handy thing.

220 sounds like a very decent gain, I'll have to investigate.

I've used Big Fish up in Stockton for my VAG and BMW stuff in the past, I'll start with them I reckon and go from there.

6. *Stokesley not Stockton

7. ianplymouth

Its the same engine in the Espace and the Megane Dci, the only real difference is that the Espace has a slightly bigger turbo, so that gives about 5-10 bhp more, funnily enough, my Dci has an Espace turbo fitted now :laughing::laughing:.