Back again.....for the third time!!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Nicholas Weston, Jun 19, 2019.

1. So yesterday was an epic day. Having sold my 250 last December, I bought a 65 plate Cupra 280 DSG.
    Lovely car and a better all round car than the Megane, certainly for kid duties, but was just lacking in the fun factor. Ballistically quick, bit never made me smile. Anyway, decided to trade it in and get another Renaultsport and was looking at either Clio or another Meg.

Drove to Birmingham from Devon and sold my car to a dealer before catching a train to West Yorkshire where I was looking at a modified 250. Unfortunately this wasn’t the car for me so found myself stuck 250 miles from home at 7pm!!

Remembered that I’d seen another car, a standard 265 Cup that looked nice so on the off chance, contacted him and arranged to get another couple of trains over to Blackburn arriving at 1030pm. Was getting pretty tired and stressed at this point. Thankfully the car was perfect and in exceptional condition.

The money was paid and I was back on the road just after 11. Finally got into bed at 4am, bloody exhausted but very very happy.

I’d forgotten just how great the Megane is to drive. Felt so alive compared to the Cupra which like most VAG products is a little dull. And it saved me £6k. Plenty left for mods!

Mikeyjp likes this.
  2. Hi and welcome back Nick

You have to try other stuff now and again just to realise how good these cars are.

Whats the plans for it then as you have money burning a hole in your pocket :laughing::laughing:

3. Well, I’ve just finished disinfecting and hoovering the interior. Looks in remarkably good condition for a 7 year old car. Almost like new. I’ve a few things I want to do just to get it up to my standards:

New wipers
    New number plates
    Wheel but covers
    New mats
    Metal RS gear knob
    Air con re gas
    Two MPS4’s for the rear
    Plain discs all round
    Standard pads on rear
    Z rated on the front
    Vibratechnics lower mount
    Upper engine insert
    Service including belts
    Gearbox oil
    Brake fluid

That’s just to get me going for now!!

4. Don't think you can get plain rear disc's, i tried and failed.

5. Cheers Matt
    :sunglasses: