Axle Stand Locations

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by daveparkin, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Evening all,

Sorry to ask yet another jacking point question, but having seen how easily the Clio 182 ones can fold, I'd like to know for sure, so here goes:

If I wanted to get the whole rear of the car in the air, once I've lifted it on a trolley jack with the marked jacking points on the sills, where do I then put the axle stands? The manual mentions a reinforced area towards the rear of the sills, but these are not exactly obvious and I hate the sight of crumpled metal. It also explicitly states not to jack it under the rear axle assembly.

Thanks,

Dave

2. iv heard to jack the car using the points given on another thread on here and use the mark points on the sills for the axle stands. iv used this way myself and it worked fine

3. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Rear beam always been reet for me.

4. Thanks for the replies chaps

5. Dan@519

Dan@519 RSM Trader

Jack under the beam, then the jacking points on the sill are free to use wit stands. I'd use rubber or wooden blocks too.

6. Where on the beam would you jack - do you mean under the spring cups like the Haynes suggests? Obviously I'd have to take the plastic cladding off it.

Thanks