Audi B5 RS4 review from PH

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Brands' started by Lynchy1975, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Username

Username Banned

I never got on with my b5 rs4 the handling is pretty gross with all that weight which makes them very boring quite quickly but they do sound well!

2. Did you just keep it standard ? Different when modded mine is 496ps and 702nm torque. Plus upgraded suspension and arbs. 1620kg isn't that heavy ? For an estate.

3. You're the first person who has ever described them boring ? How long did you have it for ? What colour was it ? Do you still remember the reg ? My mate has done a list of each B5 RS4 in the uk

4. Username

Username Banned

I had a avus silver it came fitted with h&r coilovers when I bought it but they didn't ride nice so I swapped back to standard which made it handle to sloppy and the brakes were no match for the power. It had a mrc map if I remember correct or might have been another I don't know, It sounded brutal and was fast but wouldn't do any more than 22mpg it just wasn't fun enough to warrant the low mpg.

5. i haven't read the article but aren't most older Audis more about power, build quality and 4WD than about handling, hence the 'boring' tag>

6. Yep H&R coilovers are not the best for road. I've got Bilstein PPS9 coilovers which are really good on road and track.

7. You're not too far could meet up and take you for a spin ? I fancy a spin in your Meg too as I will get one next after the R26

8. As said in the artical it's a 15 year old car and think back to what else was about back then. There a flaws with the Renault and the Audi I have so no car is perfect ! Well unless you have a 991 GT3 lol.
    And yes the standard brakes on a B5 RS4 are terrible !

9. I must add my RS4 feels so more planted and stable at high speeds compared to my R26, the R26 feels edgy and unstable at high speeds or near the limit.

10. Great looking car and brutally quick for the day and still by today's standards! Brother had a C5 RS6 which was mega and his mate a B5 S4 with a map which was shockingly quick and the launch on that thing was ridiculous!!!!!!!

11. Loved my C5 S6 avant on PSS9s with hotchkiss ARBs and RS6 19" wheels. Full RS6 body kit including de- chromed grills and RS6 Plus sound enhanced exhaust: