250 At my wits end .. lighting fault

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Richard aitkenhead, Sep 25, 2019.

1. It just seems one thing after a other..
    I've had to replace airbag ecu, rear loom,
    Rear wiper motor
    Half the the bloody electrics...
    Air con motor issue,

I had the bumper off to test the compressor..
    Put it back on now I'm getting a lighting fault

When car does checks it says lighting fault ..

All lights work found a broken wire to one of the motors in head light ... I fixed it but still saying lighting fault.....

It seems the xeobon bulb isn't sitting right...

Can anyone give advice ,

I spent a full year looking for the right car with the right spec, I fitted the recaros and sat nav and that's me got my dream car...
    But I'm on the verge of just breaking it,
    I have 4 other Renault sports and they hardly have me any trouble I'm afraid I've bought a lemon...

Help me please lol..
    The bright orange light destroys me...

Is renualt the only place that can check lighting faults ? Or should i take light apart and have a look I've check everywhere and there is o drivers side bi xenon with corner lights for sale

Thanks

2. anybody with a good diagnostic tool or a Renault clip software should be able to read codes,
    where are you based?

3. I tried wow wurth, Delphi and a snap on soulus...

I'm 40 miles south of Glasgow, someone with xenons that I could try one so I know if it's the light or a wiring fault,

Does anyone know of any software or tool apart from a clip I could buy ?

4. Autel do some nice one but your are looking at £600 plus for one that can read all ecus in the car.

Where are you based as i have one we could try to diagonstic if you willing and not too far for you to travel

5. sorry just saw your post above,
    near Glasgow a heck of drive.

6. I dont mind paying for a good diagnostic tool as I own 6 Renaults but obviously want one that can read all the ecus for the cheapest price.

I have dt4all but it doesn't work no matter what I do.....

I seen these clip clones and Renault com ones but never had a good experience with ebay Chinese cheapies

7. My car was at my friends garage and someone visited while I was away and its apparently a fault in both sides headlight motors...

Chance of them both failing with a disconnected battery isn't even worth considering so the canb us wire that checks the motors may be damaged but Its impossible it seems to get a wiring diagram or even a fuse box layout....

I have many many hours of testing to do...

8. Still not sorted this I bought the renualt workshop manual and wiring diagrams, going to install them today and have a look..

I wondering if the car does a check on ignition that the motors are working and some how that has become damaged..

I really could do with decent diagnostic software but have no idea which one to get, cant get an answer on what will deal with the mk3 so don't want to waste money until I do

9. Contact Autel, they will give the detail of the rep near you who will be able to tell you which of their range can deal with lighting ecu on your car specifically. I did this when i had aEsp issue and they were great.

https://www.autel.uk/find-a-dealer/

Richard aitkenhead likes this.
  10. Thank you I'll get it touch with them...

It turns out it was a reverse light issue they worked but seems that the air con clutch and reverse light need to connected to same earth wire makes no real sense, the wiring diagram from Renault saved the day.

Everything working now fingers crossed nothing else pops up, but really need proper diagnostics software for the future

Fingers crossed

11. good to hear you got it sorted, now time to enjoy the car again

12. When I turn car on its says a big ok lol,
    That's everything 100%,

Back in love with car again... I'm really anal about things, everything has to work or I wont even use the car... bit silly owning 6 Renaults lol

richmillions and tof73 like this.