Apec brake discs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by matt e, Oct 27, 2019.

1. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

has anyone got experience with these? looking at fitting the MK2 brake set up to my R26 and you can get 2 Apec discs to the price of 1 brembo disc. clio v6 owners seem to love them

2. Hi Matt
    I have just removed the Apec disc's from my mk3 as there were warped, was after a trackday at Spa and the Ring, took them off and one has a big crack in it, only put them on in April so the suppliers are going to swap them for a set of Brembo's, only reason i had these was that Brembo had nil stock at the time.

I would think as a daily driver fast road car they would be fine.

matt e likes this.
  3. Clio v6 owners love APEC because they are about the tenth of the price of original Renault ones (if you can get hold of them!). You can get the all 4 discs for about £150 to £200. IIRC Renault front discs are/were £400 each.

There also limited v6 alternatives because they are a unique disc size not shared by any other cars.

As for how they wear most v6 owners couldn’t really answer that either as we do about 100 miles a year and drive like miss daisy (including me).

matt e likes this.
  4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

ordered them so ill see how they fair, i dont do track days so i should be ok

5. I don't think you will have any problems with them, i dropped mine in today and they already had my replacement Brembo's there waiting for me :sunglasses: