AP Racing front brakes

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by L.JR, May 24, 2022.

1. Just want some advise before purchasing. Does anyone have a experience with AP racing brakes on a meg3? Was wondering will a AP Racing Pro 5000R CP9440 fit a RS250?

2. i guess you may need adapters to make fit. iirc only a very few caliper or "brake kit" fit directly. my previous CP5200 needed adapters, bells(adapter for disc), discs to fit my peugeot. later swapped to CP3307 the calipers dont need adapter at all.

3. 2.5k and it doesn’t even come with pads, ridiculous.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The price you pay for proper kit

Brigsy likes this.
  5. Standard Mk3 cup disc's and Carbon Lorraine rc8 pads, that's all you need, good from cold and excellent on track, just make sure you upgrade your brake fluid to something like BRF660.
    I tracked my 265 for years with this setup.

Poppaboost and LoK28o like this.
  6. O/T but I had APR on my RS3. Amazing kit.

TX. 072a39b6b7b1ac45a56fea37bcf29b2f.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

7. Do the RC8 CL pads produce lots of rust coloured stuff that goes all over the wheels and the bodywork? Or are they different from the RC5/6s that did that to me once before? I’ve got a set of endless pods to go on the car. But they are so expensive and For next time, the CL ones are much cheaper.

8. Just responding to the basic idea of the OP, there seems to be a bit of a difference a view on brake discs for the Megane RS3.
    there is the conventional view from racing and any car that is subject to unsprung weight issues and clearance, you want the biggest desk you can find and that generally it should have grooves.

That’s been the way to go with every other car, road or race, but it seems there are experienced knowledgeable people/engineers/race teams who swears at the best disc is the standard Renault OEM one with no grooves or holes.

I’ve seen that have been a number of threads that I’ve touched on this over the years but does anyone actually have a definitive understanding of this issue or is it a question of opinion/different experiences?

9. They produce some dust, but as there Kevlar i think, its better than sintered pads.
    Never used cl5 or 6's so im not sure what they are like.

I had a set of Endless pads in my 225 with Mk3 brakes and they were very good, lasted a really long time around 10 trackdays im sure, not sure what they would be like on a Mk3.

10. I have tried both plain and grooved discs on my 265, Plain were good but i felt that the pads glazed up a little, grooved discs stopped that but at the expense of pad wear, best i found was grooved discs but take the sharp edges off of the grooves, using something like a Dermal, this stops the pads being eaten but still lets the deposits and gasses out.