250 Anyone had problems with V-Power recently?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by CCowan91, Oct 2, 2016.

1. So I've had this weird problem when I used to really give my car some beans it would occasionally feel like i'd hit the rev limiter, or like a fuel cut.. But this could be at like 4K revs. Even happened at 3K once I think.. (And no it is not the cold limiter as it is always warmed up for at least 20 mins before going anywhere near 4K) It throws a code, and to the point where it went into limp mode on the motorway and I was pretty much stranded not long ago. Says something like check injection computer or something. Very vague.

Someone just happened to ask what fuel I was using. I can confidently say the car has been ran on nothing but VPower for almost 3 years of ownership.. But recently it got me thinking so I thought i'd give Momentum 99 a try. And behold ever since i've been using this the past few months, I've never experienced this problem again....

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I run mine on exclusively on Vpower as thats what its mapped on with the Hybrid/Injectors, Cant say I've had any issues and i use around 2 tanks a week.

Went it went into limp mode did there EML flash on then go off then you lost all power? Fine after a switching on and off?

3. Yeah the EML came on and it came up on the dash saying something I can't remember but I just lost all power.. Pulled over when I could but didn't clear it just turning it off and on again. So I was kinda f*cked after that as the revs climbed so slow and couldn't get any speed to rejoin traffic haha.... Had to phone my breakdown. They cleared the codes and it drove fine again.

It's only went into limp mode that once because of it but had been experiencing it off and on for a few weeks.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Check injection/ Check ESP?

5. Definitely flashed up check injection as a warning and all power was gone.