Anyone fitted a 1.9 diesel Megane airbox to 225????

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by richmeg, Oct 24, 2013.

1. This is the airbox I got off Ebay, its from a 1.9 diesel Megane . . . there is a close up picture of where I'm assuming the inlet hose should go . . .

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Does this look normal or am I missing something? Well the mounting points line up but doesn't look like the inlet hose will join with the opening (as on the diesel this is where the mass airflow meter goes).

Anyone modified one of these to fit?

2. Maybe you could get a broken afm and gut it.

3. I used a 1.6 megane air box to chop up and do the mod

4. That wont fit the induction hose on the megane r26/225 , the hoses pushes over and clamps with a jublee clip on the r26/225

5. did it have the same inlet opening as the one pictured? How did you modify that part to fit the 225 inlet hose?

I could possibly get a mass air flow meter and gut it but I think the hose would be too long to fit over . . .

6. yep it was almost a match been on over a year with k+n panel no problems even sold my genuine one an not needed

7. how did you connect the inlet hose to the airbox? As you can see from my picture it won't just slip over with a jubilee clip . . .

8. that aint a 1.6 petrol one mine was so it fitted fine