Anybody getting trophy-R?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by NotaDiesel!!!, Jun 4, 2020.

1. I see there are 12 on autotrader for£63k.

All with carbon wheels. Not brakes.

A lot of money.

Just wondering what people are paying. Not sure how pcp would work on that and that's how people buy cars today.

I remember r26r came out in financial crash, I think they went for 30% off.

2. One of the ones for sale has the carbon wheels fitted. The rest have red wheels fitted with carbons on back seat.

No carbon brakes tho.

Go me thinking, what if you kerb a carbon wheel? Ouch.

Pootle likes this.
  3. Still a dozen or so on autotrader.

Couple discounted to 50k now.

I wonder what you could get one for?

4. Actually there are a couple at 41k with no carbon wheels.

5. where are you seeing them at £41k?

I wonder if the prices will fall further, I'd imagine that would be upto RUK to discount?

6. There are two on ebay at a place called dales. 41k no options. Or there are a couple discounted to too with carbon wheels on autotrader for 50k

Given r26r came out in financial crisis and the only sold half allocation and were discounted to 30% in some cases.

Who knows may be possible for £35k?? For one with no options. That's getting close to a 6 year old 275 trophy r price.

There was also a recent article I read testing a no option car. Still a fairly extreme package.

7. I actually like the idea of the no option car.

There are ony a couple with wheels and brakes. Press car that has been hammered and imagine the other is an investment. Imagine turning up at renault dealer with a problem with your carbon brakes!

I like the idea of the carbon wheels. But such a vulnerable part of the car would mean I would leave in there covers.

I imagine people woulc criticise you for not getting them but they are not paying 10k for an option that sits in the garage collecting dust.

If you can get a no option car for 35k its got to be a safe placed for you money.

hugh likes this.
  8. Ive only seen articles about the '72k car'.. which one person could buy in UK. Where was the article?

9. EVO Magazine this month. No 278.

Ironically in 'First Drives' Section.

Said Renault have 2 press cars. This is the other no 115 (incase anyone gets the offer in future!)

Very similar review. Don't miss the Wheels or Brakes. Still too hardcore. Got better when Ohlin's dialled back. Still too expensive at 51k.

Ironically R26R had softer suspension than regular R26. I guess that's what people loved not only was it faster but better ride? Guessing the 275 Trophy R can get there too. I have a Cup S with Ohlins & I don't mind the ride.

10. Hugh given your other post Re Kicking yourself for not buying a 31k 6 year old 275 Trophy R.

I imagine a New 41k 300 Trophy R with 5 years warranty etc looks very interesting. Especially if you can get a touch more off. The differential is pretty slim.....

hugh likes this.
  11. Yes to all of the above, but according to article it’s the daddy of FWD on track(as before)Don’t think you’d consider buying one of these if you weren’t going to track it.

12. Also probably the daddy on track over a lot of other more expensive/exotic cars.

NotaDiesel!!! likes this.
  13. I guess a lot of the more expensive stuff relies on going faster on the straights and breaking harder. The megs trick is probably going round the corners at an indecent speed.

Handy being able to carry your own track wheels with you. ( carbon or otherwise )

I still dont think many will see a track.

14. I’m considering it and I’m not into track. The last car of its kind, final RS Megane, manual box, stripped limited special. Won’t see many like it again. And it will be a monster not only on track but in Wales, Scotland, Europe and my favourite Sunday lanes.

15. Definitely.

16. Still a few current model Trophy R for sale.

Looks like you can still get a new unregistered car 2 years after launch. And there was only 30. KTEC got a couple of low miles ones for under 40k. No Carbon wheels but at this price edging in on what they want for new Trophy 300.

R26R launched after Financial Crash and only sold about 130/230. Trophy R launched just before Covid looks like they have barely sold 20. Timing. Although Car prices going up at the moment.