175 DCI Any quick/short shift kits for the 175 DCI?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by mrdanward, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Hi guys,

I recently bought a 175 and wondered if there is a quick/short shift kit available?

I tried some googling but haven't had much luck.

2. If you have any luck could you post what you find as I'm looking for the same thing. Be much appreciated.

3. Have you got a picture of the linkage mate?

4. I don't unfortunately. It seems such a kit for the 175 does not exist.

5. If you can get a picture mate, I can have a look.
    I can do the short shifts for the ph1 and 2 so if it's the same as either you might be in luck.

6. I'll try and get a photo this weekend. :smile: Appreciate your help dude.

7. Im on holiday from tomorrow mate if I don't back to you quickly.

8. Fitting a quick shift to the dci or 250-275 is very easy and costs about £3. I don't have any pics but all you need is a 10mm ball stud with m8 thread.

9. Does it have a linkage similar to the ph1 then mate?

10. Totally different gearbox. Same box as the 250. It's as simple as drilling a hole 20mm away from the original linkage cable ball joint screwing in the new ball stud and placing the linkage cable onto the new stud. Takes 30 mins to do costs £3. Shortens and stiffens the throw quite a bit.

11. Sounds the same as the ph1 linkage that's all that's required with that too.

12. Just purchased - will give this a go! Cheers dude.

13. I done my using a spherical screw and a hole where the cable links to the gearbox. I believe I have a picture on my build threat. Cost me 2 hours and 3£.
    It works a charm.

S.