R26 Any one know where I can get a new cylinder head?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Adz07, Jul 12, 2014.

1. As above, im looking for a new/used cylinder head...here's part of the reason :mad:

e7umy4us.jpg

Think I might take this time to do a build...

2. Fucking hell, what happened there? Did it catch fire!?

3. I'll check that link out! Cheers for that. Was just driving home the other night on the m6 and boom..felt like a plug gone at first but after having a look it appears the plug popped out along with the coil and melted it all. Didnt think it would be a huge problem until I went to fit a new set of plugs. The plug just drops in an wont tighten at all...could cry but I wont :smile:

4. No worries buddy.
    Ouch, sounds harsh, especially with stripping the thread too!
    Hopefully you'l get it fixed without too much bother!
    I've heard of this happening a bit on the f4r engine, normally down to not torquing the plugs down, IIRC there meant to be 28nm
    I've never had it done myself but i've heard people of having their head helicoiled or timeserted after this sort of thing, might be worth looking into?

5. There is one on eBay at the moment fully refurb'd

6. This happened to a friend of mine with a 172 and a local garage managed to insert a new thread for £50

7. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Ideally it needs a timesert installing but I've seen people use helicoils (which are the devil) but cheaper

8. As above. Use a timesert and it'll be fine.