Sponsored By:  

Any lap times for spa

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by jd -jd, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Me and my pall who owned a trophy R with a RS running Map ran 320-330 BHP (my self a 275 cup s) and was at spa last October my self July my pall in his R.
    On his return he informed me that the fastest time of the day was 2m 58secs using Harry's lap timer.
    So in October I set of to spa in my cup s on a mission to beat a 2.58. Long story short I took a trip to a Dyno for a run my car ran 273bhp with a K&N filter replacement.
    So I got some harness to off a member of here. Took rear seats out for noise really and to get as close to his time
    So we arrived at spa and weather was amazing and dry. So with my Harry's lap timer and me strapped in as tight as possible.
    I set off to pinch every 10th of a second I could at break I had time to eat and take a look at the times. To be fair I was putting it off as I thought I would be way off and push harder in the afternoon.
    So at lunch I scrolled through and I managed a 2.56. With video footage so that was a relief and believe me I've rubbed it in a few times lol.
    So what times have you lads ran as I think I could shave another half sec of that

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

3.11 in the wet with a stock car bar older compound AD08s and RS29s up front.

Should be significantly quicker when I get back this year now

grantw likes this.
  3. I just came back from a trackday at Spa. It was my first time driving at Spa and also the first one with this car. Comparing what I have driven, I would say 2.56 is definitely a great time... I have a RS250 cup with a +-300HP ecu, Federal 595RSR tires and ferodo brake pads. With this setup I have driven a 2.59. I think more (than original) camber would be needed to counter my understeering in some corners. I also had my entire dash full of 'check' lights. Check ABS (lost trust my brakes), Check Anti-pollution, Check Injectors, Check ....
    What was your setup for the 2.56 time?