Any 320+bhp Megs on here?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Bilkos, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Any 320bhp+ Megs on here? Interested in people's spec. My Meg Clio is at 317bhp but fitted hybrid since but needs mapping. I have an updated 5 bar uprated fuel pump. Just wonder if I've missed anything that might hinder me hitting my magic 330 figure.

Djauweh likes this.
  2. Not me, but what engine? 250?

3. I had a 320bhp one with a Rs tuning hybrid. Mine wasn't a 250 engine so I can't see 330bhp being a problem with the right tuner & map.
    Lee

4. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

My R26 is 340bhp and 360lbft, it's got a hybrid turbo and forged engine built and mapped by RS Tuning.

5. @TimR26 Finally have the car back then mate? Been waiting for an update!

6. Not going to mod the meg.,but looking for a meg 250 engine clio.

7. Never been able to get the VVT going but I'm told it's only mild on the 250 and more about fuel economy / emissions. Anyone know if the VVT isn't connected, does it effect the cam position then?

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'm running just over 330bhp in mine

9. What's yours had done to it apart from a remap Jamie?

10. 330/360 here r26 home built

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Decat/FMIC/Intake/Smf and a couple other bits not necessarily engine related. Was going to go Hybrid/630's next year but it will probably be getting replaced with an Exige S or similar next summer

12. Whats absolutely fascinating is the difference between the 250 engine in the Clio and in the Megane. I could only manage 315bhp with same spec, 630's and 250 turbo less the VVT. I haven't been able to get VVT going so maybe it does make a difference???

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I would say so, What ECU is it running? Interesting that you are on 630's already to get that low figure. I would of expected 350/360+bhp if you can get VVT sorted on the Hybrid, Assuming its similar spec to what Paul at RST uses.

14. Running R26 Ecu. Can't control VVT unfortunately. Will need standalone VVT controller to get that going. Hybrids similar but yet to be mapped. My problem is fuelling. I have custom fuel pump but still to be convinced whether it's making the 5 bar static pressure I need or 3.5 bar at the rail? Something's def amiss but I should hopefully see 330 with hybrid but need to figure out what's holding it back beyond that. Paul did say when he first mapped it many years ago that the VVT was only mild...

15. FMIC and Smf??

16. Front mount intercooler & single mass flywheel

17. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

My friend is running 350hp on his RS250.... FMIC, turbo back exhaust, TD04HL 20T, 630cc injectors.

18. 420+ on megane 225 :smile: