225 Anti roll bar

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Zappo_RS, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Hi guys! On my 225 f1 there is the only 20mm front anti roll bar, nothing at rear axle (i think Sport Chassis)...now, is possible to fit (as a plug and play) the front and rear 21mm r26/r26r anti roll bar?! R26 rear axles has different Renault reference than mine, but may be is possible to fit the bar...somebody done this modifie? :coldsweat:

2. No one knows these details? :disrelieved:

3. Hi Zappo
    From what i have read about this before the R26 anti roll bar is 21mm, but there is the Espace one i think that is 23mm and will still fit, as for the rear beam R26 has an anti roll bar fitted as standard and the calipers are different so that is why the part numbers aren't the same, but i am sure it will still fit.

Zappo_RS likes this.
  4. U can fit rear arb from r26, it is screwed to brackets, which u have to veld to your rear beam. I have sent the rear arb to a guy to turkey who did this to his 225. The rear arb on r26 is removable

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Zappo_RS likes this.
  5. So it's possible! :grin: Now i understand the references's difference. Maybe next month i'l try to do it...i'l notifie you the change :laughing: thanks very much guys! :wink:

6. 147f4fa077c3d5ddf2688d5c784adf7e.jpg
    R26 rear beam

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Zappo_RS likes this.
  7. Great!!!
    The image I was looking for :hushed:. thank you very much!

8. Did anyone ever do this or can confirm which model espace the arb is from?

Dropped my subframe last night and think a 23mm arb would be a worthy upgrade if possible!

I think it'll be easier to try and get an r26 rear beam rather than modify the existing?

9. Thread resurrection!!!

New to Renault, got my 225 F1 last week. Going about putting it right, engine mounts are shot, needs track rod ends etc...no doubt plenty other stuff too.

Looking for a R26 rear beam or a way to install a rear ARB.

Any pointers welcome.

Thanks

10. Hi... Jumping on this, hope that's OK.

I'm currently swapping a load of r26 bits over to my 225. Everything has gone OK until fitment of the front arb. The 225 (20mm) has larger bushes compared to the polybush ones I have got for the r26 (21mm) arb. Does anyone know of any spacers or shall I get some made? Can't find anything on the powerflex website.

Photo for reference, new 21mm polybush for r26 arb compared to 20mm OE for 225 arb.

Attached Files:

11. The r26 has a plastic block underneath the bush, you will need these as well.

12. Thanks mate, I'll have a hunt around.

13. 7701059673 is the part number for the spacer

Attached Files: