another newbie Scot

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by GTMegane, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Thought I would join up since i sort of own a RS.
    Previously owned a Renault Laguna GP Monaco, (best car I ever had) which I traded in for the 2015 Megane GT Tourer since discovered this is actually a RS engine, so had it tuned and put in a performance panel filter now kicking out 300HP.
    sound good but with no slip dif or brembo's actually just a tyre melter.
    so does anyone do the quarter mile, and what is a good speed for an RS

2. My Monaco GP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. MBC

MBC

:/ welcome! I remember the old Gunas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. My new GT tuned to 307BHP

[​IMG]

5. MBC

MBC

For the price of the tuning were you better off getting an RS?

6. It was bought just as the Mark 4 was being released, went direct to Renault, they were being very nice with pricing, so got 8K off list price. add re-tune £400 and performance filter £50. i think I won a watch

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Every day's a school day, no idea these shared the same F4RT. Bit like Ford (or volvo's) five pot in the Mondao and S-Max. Where did you get it mapped?

oh and welcome :cool:

8. Welcome!

I was the same, had no idea they shared the same engine.

9. Hi and welcome .
    The engine is indeed a detuned (217BHP 251 lb ft torque) version of the 275.

10. MBC

MBC

I don't like the look of them standard though! Change the face and rear and it will look amazing!

11. @ Michael It was tuned at Ecotune Hillington, it takes longer than most as it needs to sit for about two hours so that the temp is really low or it does not work (not sure about the ins and outs of it). Dont know how much difference you would notice from a 265HP / 275HP, but since I was coming from 217HP 340Nm and now have (apparently) 307HP 429Nm I notice a huge difference + my mpg was rubbish before, but have not lost anything, on long motorway drives its improved getting about 32 / 33ish.
    @ John I would love that back pipe, would love a bit of chrome out the tail, I have a nice 4 inch pipe hidden below the boot :-( there is almost nothing that I can see to modify this car, not the most popular. I could lower it, but without spending thousands dont see much else, I also think Renault would be very happy to use any excuse to cancel my warranty, its just a year old with 10K on the clock so dont want to add silicone hoses, dump valves and intercoolers quite yet. so any cheap idea's for improving the look would be welcome, just de-badged it and will stick the black Renault logo's on and a pair of Heko's + www.RSMegane.com obviously on the side boot windows.

12. Its not that ugly + its always nice showing the rear end of an estate as you fly by a Focus ST

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. I had mine mapped at Ecotune too, though I only got 305bhp so I'll need to phone and complain that I'm missing 2bhp!:wink:

Looks a great motor, always liked the blue the GT line comes in. Must be nice having that sort of power and fun available but having the practicalities of an estate too.

14. The car cannot handle the power TBH. It needs slip dif, a short shift and probably 245 tyres. Took it to Crail (first time) still alot to learn, need to learn to change gear before 6800RPM and also keep traction control on. was told "always switch it off, be quicker off the line" thats Ford drivers for you, just burnt rubber 1st, 2nd and 3rd so for 40 yards left two nice tyre treads on the track. I did managed 102.7mph over the line which should put me very low 14's but only managed high 14.9 seconds (first time I suppose not bad) was thinking of going from 3rd to 6th or 3rd to 5th. 4th only gives you about 105 top and you are killing the car at that. will need tips on 1/4 mile, I dont see a forum in here for that which I thought there would have been

15. More power than my R26.
    Hows thevengine differ mechanically from a 275? Surely not just a different map???

16. MBC

MBC

The reason people probably don't bother with the 1/4 mile is because the proper RS Megs are built to go round corners very well hence the good ring laptimes and LSD's.

17. @Chris It is identical, all engine, turbo numbers etc checked. Same chassis as well. Different suspension,breaks, calibers, but all are uprated from the basic so you have a half way house between true performance and basic Renault. Let's just say it a practical family estate, but with a driver that doesnt like being beaten by his sons first car. NO it's not a mid life crisis, that would be buying a real RS as a second car

18. Must be comical to watch from a 3rd gear roll against other hot hatches etc! Ecotune is where I'll be taking mine for sure, need to get the hardware first though. I also wouldn't be doing much else whilst in warranty!

19. Though the remap just voided the warranty anyways.
    Awesome looking car though.

20. True Slam, but unlikely they'll detect a software update on the ECU.

21. This is also true. My 175dci RS Megane was remapped and I never had a problem at my dealer ( the owner was a friend though !!).