Another check injection.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Yellow_chris, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Car first out this fault up a week ago. I disconnected the battery for a bit then it never came back on till today. But this time when it came on I wasn't drinking and I hadn't even started the car when it said check injection?
    I know it can be many things but because it's coming up before I started the car I thought this might narrow it down. Thanks

2. Set of injectors or get them cleaned by ed (liquid F1)

3. Was my first thought but I was unsure. Cars on 58k now and they haven't been cleaned or that so think I'll start with new injectors then

4. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Why not start by having it plugged in and finding out what the problem is?

Could be a coil, yes an injector(s), boost solenoid valve, pressure sensor, etc.

5. Cars on 58k and it's not had any injector faults yet so I ordered a new set last night anyway. The car did have the wee splutter on idle. So I'm going to service it and change the injectors since it'll benefit it regardless if that's the fault. If it's still there after then ill plug it in :smile:

6. Mine done this it's on 55k was a boost solenoid that decided to take time out.

7. Turns out it was the boost solenoid but it's got a new set of injectors to which isn't a bad thing.