Annoying noise!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Matt-f1, May 11, 2014.

1. Hi everyone!
    i have been searching the forum for a couple of days and no one has found the problem to the ticking noise when turning! It sounds like plastic catching the tire but Its not that!
    Just wondered if there is anyone who sorted the problem if they could share with us what it was!

cheers in advance
    matt

2. That will be a cv joint on its way out.
    Lee

3. There is no grease under the car or around the boot could it still be going?

4. some people have mentioned a metal label that can peel back on itself and cause a click when on full lock, its something I have on mine from the nearside but have yet to track down.

5. Yeah mines on the driver side it gets worse the quicker I accelerate around a roundabout!

6. I think ads will have the best price and from what I can see its the driveshaft / CV joint
    I think fitting shouldn't be a major problem although factor in 1hr labour at a garage :smile:

7. I'll fit it myself but what to know for sure that it is definitely the right part I need! I'll have another look tomorrow and see if there is any thing untoward! Maybe take it to renault see what they say aswell!

8. Its the drivers driveshaft. replaced mine with a new item from ads, problem solved.

Paul