Sponsored By:  

Anglesey 1st November

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by ianplymouth, Aug 13, 2020.

1. JJZ

JJZ

8d4d31e7c85a5c6ff1cee7accb502911.png
    b6937b43222c49af510f8dc04b6246bf.png
    9c15cc1ead5f38a59433cbcfa746d77d.png
    e6e2d39ad2f9be01f69574800da66e94.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. JJZ

JJZ

685a558eaa7638646d42d784523ad8be.png
    cab4f934ebd295c414a25bfccc42f321.png
    1cfa150323cded8fef44eaa4b76b0da8.png
    ec4e66c0f3c8dd2b132afc5cb6c6df4f.png
    5528062521965fe4103e194ac3c4d419.png

3. 12k? Is this a joke?

4. JJZ

JJZ

i know right very cheep for what it’s got on it the coilovers are worth a couple of grand alone it’s on facebook paul harrison megane sport owners club.

5. if anyone wanted a track ready, top spec R26, that's a fair price, not sure anyone's willing to pay that but its got all of the goodies already fitted. Probably get more if he broke it down and sold the bits off.

JJZ likes this.
  6. JJZ

JJZ

i agree sunny but that’s what we inspire to get our cars like that because most of you guys do track days anyways and all we want is more power so to get our cars like that it’s gonna take 10,000 grand might as well buy that and it’s all done for you just got to maintain the vechile then.

7. There's tougher restrictions coming into force in Wales from Monday, not sure if they'll have an affect on this though?

Keep an eye out if I were you.

8. JJZ

JJZ

what kind of restrictions agreen i’m in wales but haven’t heard anything do you think this will affect angelsey for the 1st of november i know shops and stuff are opening around where i am so everything seems to be getting back to sort of normal

9. JJZ

JJZ

what kind of decat have you got agreen i need to replace my standard cat so i’m not sure if i should go for a de cat or sports cat what’s the difference and can anybody recommend a good replacement i was thinking of getting this has anybody got any experience with these de cats 61c0da647d03ebcb58ef12c216f923c9.jpg

10. Not sure tbh, I haven't got TV or anything so kind of relying on the madness of others to work out what's going on lol!

I've got a 3" from rstuning. It's a bit of a pain to.change though.

11. JJZ

JJZ

i know iv heard there a pain tight fit and all that. i had some work done on my car a few months ago and the garage put my original cat back on with a hole in it and just gunged it up i had a look today underneath the car and you can see the white gunge they’ve put on and my engine management light has come on last time this came on it said oxygen 2 sensor faulty but my car has been remapped to stage 1 and i think it’s been turned off and i put my new 70mm airtec intercooler on today would this bring on the light by any chance or is it the original cat that’s brought this light on what’s your thoughts.

12. Could be anything mate, I'd check around everything you've been near today though first.

13. JJZ

JJZ

i only changed intercooler so i don’t think that would of brought on the engine management light i’ll have a look as well on rs tuning website for a de cat [emoji1303]

14. If you're anywhere near Rhyl I could plug my obd reader in to see what comes up? It's only a basic thing but has worked pretty well for me so far!

15. There easier to get off a Mk2 than a Mk3, but it is still a ball ache of a job.
    Changing the intercooler won't have any effect on the EML circuit, you could try and swap the O2 sensors and yes when the cars get mapped they lock out the 2nd O2 sensor.

16. JJZ

JJZ

that’s what it must be then ian but the cat has been bodged as well with a small hole on the underneath where it joins to the miltek exhaust you can see white paste there so what’s the difference in a de cat and a sports cat it said on the rs tuning web site both are not road legal there’s only 10 bhp of them both isn’t there or is that just the de cat i only need to change the fuel injectors and the cat for a stage 2 remap now

17. JJZ

JJZ

you only live 20 minutes from me agreen have you heard of reno tech in our area it’s in llandudno junction they cleared the fault last time for me

18. I've heard of them but haven't used them for anything tbh!

19. I really don't think the hole in the cat outlet pipe is going to make any difference, if it was before the cat and O2 sensor then there would be a problem.

A de cat pipe is a straight pipe with nothing inside it, a sports cat is the same thing as a normal cat but with a more open and smaller core, so it only works on a small amount of the exhaust gasses.

You really need to find a sympathetic MOT tester, i have one i have used for years i don't have a problem getting mine through the MOT.

I was running my engine with a cat up until i forged it, did loads of track days and it ran perfectly, sure mine was running nearly 300hp the way it would perform, i recon you should be okay running nearly 300hp with a cat fitted, just bang a bottles of cat cleaner in the fuel tank for the next couple of tanks of fuel

20. JJZ

JJZ

if i get a decat ian from rs tuning will it bring up the emissions light all the time/engine management light and if it comes up better off just clearing it or can i get it mapped out by chris at efi and then need to find a friendly mot station iv have not got a clue how to get the cat out so i don’t think i’ll be attempting that one...laughing

21. Mine didn't throw a fault when i fitted my de cat, i also didn't get a eml light when i put a single mass flywheel in it, a lot of people did though.
    You can have the light on, but doesn't make any difference to performance.
    I'm sure Chris can sort it out when you get it mapped

22. JJZ

JJZ

am looking forward to getting it re mapped ian on the list then is de cat 630cc injectors and some bc coilovers as the old suspension is tired do i need to upgrade the duel pump ian or will the standard fuel pump be alright i’m hoping for 280bhp so when i was underneath the car yesterday ian the white paste is after the o2 oxygen sensor near where it joins the miltek

23. Getting the cat out is a ass of a job.
    Jack up the car and put on axle stands.
    Drain the gearbox oil.
    Remove the drivers side wheel, suspension and drive shaft. (don't forget the centre bearing retainer)
    Take the upper and lower engine mount bolts out.
    Undo the exhaust from the cat, then there is a support bolt on the cat, then undo the 3 cat to turbo bolts.
    Tilt the engine as far as you can to give you better access to get the box out.

24. JJZ

JJZ

that’s to much for me ian i not that mechanically minded mate i i haven’t really worked on cars that much i know i would save a lot of money in labour and also iv got nowhere to do the work no driveway and i live next to a school so it gets really busy cars park everywhere so i would be doing on the side of the road it would be a nightmare.

25. Not sure you will need 630's, will be right on the limit though, if you are going 630's then you really want to fit a mk3 fuel rail, the 225 and R26 injector rail is shite, a standard fuel pump if it's good should be okay, you will be putting everything to its limit at 270-280hp.

BC coilovers are great value for money, there a bit crashy in the Mk2 but as long as you turn the damping right down for the road they are fine.

Then you need to think about a Mk3 brake setup :laughing::laughing::laughing:

JJZ likes this.
  26. Tightening the bolts on the 3" decat to the turbo :mask:

That's a bastard in itself!!

27. That's a shame a good way of getting to know your car

JJZ likes this.
  28. 1/4 inch socket set with a couple of extensions is what you need :laughing:

29. Did you have a 3" pipe ian? The 2.75" wasceasy to get to.the bolts and came out without much of a struggle, the 3" pipe was so close to the bolts I had to grind part of a spanner down to get it on :tearsofjoy:

30. JJZ

JJZ

the de cat from rs tuning doesn’t have the bracket to support it do you need this or is it just ok without the bracket i would love to do all the jobs ian but i haven’t got any help so i would be doing the de cat on my own which is not ideal mate.

31. Yes mine was a 3" de cat, the one i have on mine now is a V band, ohhhh that is so easy now :laughing::laughing:

32. Cant wait to get everything on a vband with mine :tearsofjoy:

Will have a v band from manifold to turbo too, you hear about these cowboys whose turbos keep coming loose :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

33. JJZ

JJZ

where was you de cat from ian

34. so if your going V band from the manifold to turbo, then your going single port turbo :openmouth:

It seems if you take off a Megane turbo, they always come loose, we have tried a lot of ways to stop this happening, mine now is double nutted and creamed down tight as f.....
    The first time on mine was due to using the wrong gasket :weary::weary:

35. JJZ

JJZ

seems like it’s all about trial and error then with these cars that’s the only way you can learn as you go along so the benefits of a v band is all about fitment they won’t work there way loose as with a standard fitment got ya... laughing [emoji108]

36. JJZ

JJZ

just spotted this for sale snap on plug in diagnostics machine £150 quid this looked like the one in reno tech today that cleared my o2 oxygen sensor will it work ian

37. JJZ

JJZ

d616f71b75667ca5564d41d29fcd87a3.jpg

38. JJZ

JJZ

and these on facebook 6fc326eb5fbe32c89471269fa1f3aea3.png
    486d1c68e5d8f5917f6670c51a8e2728.png

39. The ns2r are fine out on a dry track, but they're not great on the roads and terrible in the wet.

40. JJZ

JJZ

i have no experience with these tyres agreen never used them what do you reckon to the diagnostics machine tho is it worth a punt