Sponsored By:  

Anglesey 1st November

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by ianplymouth, Aug 13, 2020.

1. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

@JJZ
    I have booked on to this day, not been for over two years, i think this is a great track.

Anyone else ????

2. JJZ

JJZ

that’s great news ian i’ll have to look on the website and have a look to see if i can get a track day booked iv been there but never been on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ianplymouth

Be great to meet up
    There are a couple of others that i know that will be joining

4. JJZ

JJZ

i will be good to catch up ian just been on the website now to have a look it’s this one you’ve booked isn’t it 07bf3a361dbd681fa29f2f740467c1b5.jpg

5. ianplymouth

Yes that's the one

6. JJZ

JJZ

cool iv got a questions ian can you bring passengers along that day.

7. ianplymouth

I'm sure i can, you can sign on on the day as a passenger

8. JJZ

JJZ

i wasn’t sure that you could ian that’s great [emoji1303]

9. ianplymouth

worked okay with Poppaboost :laughing::laughing:

10. JJZ

JJZ

ye i know LOL [emoji23][emoji12]

11. Hi Ian, just done Anglesey, and the Council in their wisdom, decided that they would only allow 20 minute sessions, so you went out 20 minutes each hour. Hope they change their mind before you go.

12. ianplymouth

Hi Arthur
    That's not good, hope it changes before November, not been for over two years now

13. ianplymouth

How are you anyway young man, is everything good with you

14. Hi Ian,Health is not what it was, I need a new knee/hip, and a brain transplant, and I would be as good as new. Did 2 laps at Anglesey, smoke off back tyre, pulled in, oil over both nearside wheels.Engine/brakes fine. Drove back home 563 miles no problems. Turns out, a pressure/temp switch had unthreaded itself, leaving a hole in the Gearbox,for the oil to come out on left hand bends!!.New pressure switch on the way. Someone up there doesn't like me. Stay safe.

15. they won't let anyone in the circuit unless they are pre registered with them, sessions only, our 1st and 2nd were red flagged after 2 laps, so missed both of those, not ideal

16. ianplymouth

You need to get the Knee and hip sorted asap so you are fighting fit for next year, as for a brain transplant i don't think that's needed, your a character as your are :sunglasses::sunglasses:

That's not good oil on your tyres, well at least you have found the problem, it's a Renault thing i'm sure, too long with nothing going wrong and then something like this happens it just keeping you on your toes :laughing::laughing:

I'm trying to keep out of trouble :blush:

You look after yourself young man

17. ianplymouth

That's not good, it doesn't say that its sessioned, hopefully things will change by November :worried:
    So i will have to book him in as a essential helper :laughing::laughing:

18. I've opted to pull the engine out of mine now otherwise I'd have risked it!

If restrictions are eased, I may come down and try and get a few passenger laps though

19. JJZ

JJZ

i went down last week but wasn’t allowed in no spectators but did talk to a fella with a cateram on the trailer and he said he wasn’t allowed to go round till 5:30pm in the evening so best thing to do is give them a ring and see what’s what what do you think ian would be good to get a few of us go down there. laughing laughing [emoji41]

20. ianplymouth

I'll see f i can add you as a passenger, or i could meet you outside and you can jump in with me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

JJZ likes this.
  21. JJZ

JJZ

sounds good mate i’m looking forward to angelsey but this fukin covid 19 has messed everything up in wales but things are getting back to normal slowly as in shops and pubs i did hear that there was a couple of cases in angelsey tho maybe it’s more restricted down there on the island.

22. ianplymouth

There's is a meat packing company around there, they had a big spike, think that's got them worried, still got some time to go though, hopefully it will be sorted before then.

23. JJZ

JJZ

i hope it’s all sorted by then ian and maybe they might let spectators back in by november as well. i’m not sure if i should book a ticket and come down in my car or come with you as a passenger ian what do you think

24. ianplymouth

Its up to you, passenger/second driver is there if you want, either that or book on yourself, spectating is shit :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

25. JJZ

JJZ

ok ian i’m in with you as a driver or passenger either way i haven’t got a helmet tho do i need to buy one or do they supply them on the day. [emoji41]

26. ianplymouth

they normally have them, but due to the current situation they wont hire them out, if you are thinking of doing trackdays in the future you will need one, when they are available it's £10 a day, i bought a helmet for less than £40 be worth it even if you only passenger in the future.

27. JJZ

JJZ

i agree it’s defo worth buying one even if it’s only a couple of track days a year. and like you say with the current situation where in id rather have my own anyways ian.

28. ianplymouth

i have an open face one, i think a full face would be to enclosed inside a car for me

29. JJZ

JJZ

i don’t mind really ian as i use to have a motor crosser bike so i had the full kit goggles leggings but after about half an hour with a full face one you get a bit clostrephobic and sweaty so i think on track an open face one would be more suitable and you can see better.

30. JJZ

JJZ

that’s the one ian perfect [emoji108]

31. ianplymouth

if you order soon it should arrive in time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

32. JJZ

JJZ

well you know the way the post is like these days ian anything could happen. laughing laughing....[emoji12]

33. ianplymouth

i know, its been so hit and miss, i ordered a scan tool for my cars, ordered it at 7pm and it was waiting for me when i got home the following day.
    Ordered some parts for work, took 10 bloody days to arrive :cry::cry::cry::cry:

34. JJZ

JJZ

spotted this today ian on facebook paul is selling this i will attach photos of description. 568db93cdb61bd8930435a864cf87546.png
    d5a43252426bfd635e4fbff8ad9a4035.png
    4e488ac308f2efd148952bdd0bc13547.png

35. JJZ

JJZ

fa88efd965c2aa617a6a80fb7651a08b.png
    1996088fb8d5a2b498104b9ea9d0a206.png
    7eee22117871ffd2c931d83e27caec04.png
    1e36576aa8ae8e9d7e3068260da80664.png
    4d7f8598189465b336b655432c14e4ed.png
    bf73766181e171c602562a2b9882f06a.png
    6af14d1b4d14b749602ad5210f676504.png
    3122a9b1c5bc5f61bf7c34a35fdedd33.png
    6ba27208ad6fb54e8fc4c24bb0d6bd53.png

36. JJZ

JJZ

iv just ordered a new socket set today ian so i can play on my car this weekend i’m taking bumper off replacing intercooler with 70mm airtec one and a new itg air filter new led fog lights R26R washer bottle and some other bits and bobs.

37. ianplymouth

now that looks nice, how much does he want for it:smirk:

38. ianplymouth

Mk2 bumper is easier than the mk3, just take your time, i'm away this weekend so won't be here to help :openmouth::openmouth: :laughing::laughing:

39. JJZ

JJZ

LMAO [emoji13] i should be ok ian with the bumper mate i have had it of before in the past.laughing laughing i think this guy wants £12000 ian but he said he has spent over £20,000 on it to get it to where it is today it does look the ultimate track weapon tho doesn’t it ian it’s got everything you need.