Andy_Cs R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Andy_C, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Ive had my R26 for about 3years now and have never done a project thread on it. So thought I would have a crack at one.

So the spec -

Its a Black non lux pack R26 with Zenons and front and rear graphics.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I had a Nissan 350z 313bhp model before and this R26 doesnt feel much different in pace so after a poke around found out that it has a Miltek Exhaust and a K&N Filter element. I also called RS Tuning last week and found out that it has one of their early maps so that explains a lot, and at least its been mapped by pros and not a monkey.

I bought my R26 from Evans Halshaw and can honestly say I will never buy another car from them. I had a problem with the rear callipers sticking and after quite a few visits to their service department I finally managed to get them to change the rear calliper. It wasn't until I needed the rear pads changing I found this hadn't been done and the pad on the outside had worn and yet the one behind the disk was barely used. The garage that changed my pads said the calliper defo wasn't new and had probably been cleaned up to stop it making a noise. Strangely the car stopped fine with no pulling to either side but it showed that Evans Halshaw hadn't done what they had promised. I'm glad I didn't pay for the job. Also while I'm on the subject of Evans Halshaw they sold me a service package on the pretence that I would need the belts changed the following year and this package would take care of this. When it came round to having the belts changed they would change them. They said they wouldn't do it as apparently the car wasn't due a change and then they said it doesn't have belts it has chains. So with that I booked it in with K-tec for the complete belt service. I also had their dump valve fitted at the same time.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Ive taken her on track at my local Llandow outside Cardiff

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I had an R26.R spoiler off a mate of mine so had that painted and fitted and while I was at it removed the "Megane" off the tailgate.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Not long after having all this done my daughter Molly was borne so the R26 has been left like this for a while. Its been reliable and a joy to own. Recently the reverse lights have stopped working, I've checked the bulbs and changed the switch but still no joy, so its going to have to go to an auto electrician to see if they can sort it.

Recently I've had more money and time to spend on the R26 so she had a full valet and paint correction by JP Autoshine in Hereford. He's a top guy and really into his motors. He also looks after Richard Hammond.

Before
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

After

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I've had a set of PS3s fitted and last week bought a ScanGauge from a member on here called Nickson

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And thats where we are at the moment.

Plans for the future are -
    Get the track rod ends changed.
    Lazer align the suspension.
    New uprated injectors.
    De Cat
    Maybe a bigger intercooler.
    Re-map with RS Tuning.

Thanks for reading any questions and comments are welcome.

2. Looks good Andy, post the photo of yours and the blue one at the photo shoot

3. Yeah ok. I'll do it now. There's loads. lol.

Isnt the blue one your old car?

4. Photo Shoot

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. Dan

Dan

I do like the ph1 lower bumper.

6. Where are those last few pics taken Andy, im sure i know it.

7. It's local to me just outside a town called Ebbw Vale.

8. Yes know it well Merthyr boy me.

9. Ah right. Have you had your meg long?

10. Almost a year now. thinking of getting a fastchip map from Henk for mine. Only air filter box mod and back box chop done.

11. We will have to try and organise a South Wales meet.

12. Yes defo that would be good, some mega routes up around brecon we could smash.

13. For sure.

14. God I miss that car, cheers Andy, both look great.

15. Thanks mate.