Almost supercharge sound....

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by moono16v, May 28, 2015.

1. Evening all. Car is running great however the last few days only when in 3rd gear and going slowly up the revs I am hearing an almost electrical / supercharge sound or whine. Very faint as nobody else can hear it but I can, obviously as I'm always in it and hear any new noises.

Any advice? Car is still performing the same.

Elliott.

2. Nackered compressor blades can often have a type of whine.
    You noticing any lack of boost or power?

3. Ac pump

4. My old nacked turbo did this. Got bloody annoying as it sounded like a siren when on and off the throttle.

5. No the performance is fine! Feels great! I just hear the sound but it's only in 3rd gear?

6. If its only in 3rd I doubt it's your turbo then.

7. When you say air con pump, do you mean it's fooked? Or it's just the noise they can sometimes make?

8. Check my thread in this section.
    A supercharger whine was exactly how I described mine to the dealership.

ive taken it back as it is only 6 weeks old but Renault claim it is normal! To be honest at the moment I'm not noticing it too much but I personally am still of the opinion it isn't right

9. I get this every now and then if I've just got my foot on the accelerator at the same point.
    Soon as i accelerate the smallest bit it will stop.

Doesn't always do it but been going on for about a year now.
    Never noticed any problems with performance or anything... just as you say sounds like a supercharger whine.

...No idea what causes it though!

10. Ahh well it's just a part of a renUltsport! Still they sure do perform well! I found out yesterday though that they DO NOT perform as well as a remapped 2004 BMW 535d off the line to 80ish! It was super quick!! He wanted to ask what mine was running at the lights to which I said 250.....his had 360bhp! And he said 600 torque (I guess he was talking in NM not LB FT) t was lightening!!!!!

11. You won't want to be trying it against a 550d tri turbo then.
    Remap to 420 bhp and 800 nm.
    Love the place he takes it to.
    https://youtu.be/cqERH9fky2Q

12. Brilliant video!

13. Superb video as always! And I've had a play with one of those when I had just bought my clio trophy quite a few years back and I didn't know much about any beemers other than the real M cars! We both went down a slip road and I seriously seriously thought something was wrong with my car it pulled away that quick! And I mean I genuinely thought something was up with my car!

14. I tell a lie it was the 750d!