Almost like rev limiter but not

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by td__w, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Hi there, I just bought an F26 and seems pretty standard other than a dump valve.

When I floor it through the gears power seems to stop at 5500rpm like its hit a limiter in every gear, if I am slightly gentler with the gentler with power, i.e. accelerate slower it revs all the way to the real rev limiter..... its like its hitting a wall/runs out of fuel/air

Any ideas?! Thank you in advance!

2. Could be your thermostat needs changing, Renaults have a cold limiter, so if it thinks its not up to temp it will limit the revs

td__w likes this.
  3. Thanks for reply, where is thermostat? Cheers

4. On the gearbox end of the engine, you can get the thermostat on its own, Renault want to sell you the complete unit

td__w likes this.
  5. Im really worried the way renault seems to wanna f**k thier customers.
    I went to renahlt for ball joints they said i must replace the entire control arm. Wtf.
    The fact they dont support us here on the rs forum either is a eye opener.

6. Thanks for suggestion - will OBDII / Torque pick this up if it was sensor? Want to find out what it is

7. Its all about making money, just look what the options are for the Mk2 front swivels, aftermarket bearing is about £20 from Renault you have to buy the whole unit so you are looking at £200+

Aftermarket parts are not that bad, as long as you choose known brands, like the ignition coils, cambelts etc etc