265 Akrapovic not pops anymore and feel turbo kicks in later

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ironmaniac_Chen, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Hello guys,

My 265 recently drives quite strange, the Akrapovic exhaust used to pops a lot at 2500+rpm on sport mode, now it has to be 3500+ quick release the throttle to trigger the pops sounds, and it sounds more quiet than before. Another symptom is that I often feel the car is slightly under power during acceleration, however the 0-100 is about the same seconds, I mean the car feels more smooth and turbo kicks in delayed to 3000+ rpm (before was 2500+), and throttle\clutch are more linear with decreased low rpm torque.

I wonder if it's the bad gasoline quality in China lead to this, or it's just me over sensitive? I learned from other threads that as weather gets colder, the pops and crack sounds should be louder, but my car just gets quieter as winter coming.

Cheers.

Longfei

2. Could very easily be fuel if octane has dropped, what was the gap (in time) between popping and none popping ? And yes, in colder weather denser air makes whole turbo system noticeable more efficient.

3. I've heard the exhaust doesn't pop as much when cold. Apparently works better when hot.

4. What does this mean? Strangely my back feels the cars pulls more gentle during acceleration, yet it's not slower than before.

5. They said you have to let the exhaust warm up every time you start (for like 20 min), not concerning the weather.