akrapovic exhaust R275 - will it be on sale

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rs250tropheecup, Jun 29, 2014.

1. hey guyz , seeing most of u are in europe and im in aust , im desperately after the new R275 R titanium akrapovic exhaust system , have any of you heard that it might be for sale as an optional extra that car be ordered ???? and how much in euro i can convert it to aust dollars

2. I would say no but if it is available it will be mega expensive. The ohlens shockers are a £2000 factory option ! But I bet they will be a lot more expensive to order separate.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I wouldnt be surpassed if they only offer a SS version on the aftermarket, Keeping the Ti version for the Factory spec'd cars/

4. I emailed Akrapovic and asked this very question, specifically if there would be a stainless steel version available and they said a decision would be made by the autumn and to watch this space.....

The exhaust they do for the Clio 200 is very nice indeed and beautifully made, something along those lines foe the Megane would be great.

As Jamie says, makes sense to keep the Ti specifically for the 275 and make a SS Version available for aftermarket.

5. :-( i want the titanium one , i pay what ever for it !!!!! its sooo nice soo disappointing ...

6. You'd best pay 40k for a 275R then lol.

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They come on the normal 275 as well Ben :wink:

8. New Mégane Coupé GT 220 S&S £24,230
    - Based on GT Line TomTom
    - 2.0 TCe 220 HP S&S engine
    - 18” ‘SERDARD’ alloy wheels with 225/40 tyres - Renaultsport engineered chassis (stiffer springs and dampers, larger diameter front discs)

New Mégane Coupé Renaultsport 265 S&S £25,930 - £1,000 price reduction

New Mégane Coupé Renaultsport 275 S&S Trophy £28,930
    - 275 HP - Akrapovič titanium exhaust
    - Cup chassis - Recaro bucket seats with new leather and alcantara upholstery
    - Alcantara steering wheel
    - Trophy decals on front blade and rear wheel arches - R-Link with Renaultsport Monitor v2

New Mégane Coupé Renaultsport 275 S&S Trophy-R £36,430
    - Cup chassis - Strict 2 seater
    - 100 kg weight reduction vs Trophy
    - Öhlins Road&Track adjustable dampers
    - 19” ‘Turini’ alloy wheels in black fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
    - Recaro ‘Pole position’ bucket seats with new leather and alcantara upholstery
    - Trophy-R decals

9. New Mégane Coupé GT 220 S&S £24,230
    - Based on GT Line TomTom
    - 2.0 TCe 220 HP S&S engine
    - 18” ‘SERDARD’ alloy wheels with 225/40 tyres - Renaultsport engineered chassis (stiffer springs and dampers, larger diameter front discs)

Screenshot_NormarAppImage.png

New Mégane Coupé Renaultsport 265 S&S £25,930 - £1,000 price reduction

New Mégane Coupé Renaultsport 275 S&S Trophy £28,930
    - Cup chassis - Recaro bucket seats with new leather and alcantara upholstery
    - Alcantara steering wheel
    - Trophy decals on front blade and rear wheel arches - R-Link with Renaultsport Monitor v2

New Mégane Coupé Renaultsport 275 S&S Trophy-R £36,430
    - Cup chassis - Strict 2 seater
    - 100 kg weight reduction vs Trophy
    - Öhlins Road&Track adjustable dampers
    - 19” ‘Turini’ alloy wheels in black fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
    - Recaro ‘Pole position’ bucket seats with new leather and alcantara upholstery
    - Trophy-R decals

10. 40k i wish ... over her they are priced at 65k ... i paid 40k for mine second hand with 150000kms on it lol

11. Bargain, I'll take two!

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just to update this, Akra now have the exhaust listed for the Megane for sale. Two versions with the full catback and just the rear section available.

Im sure i seen somewhere the catback system will be circa 1.3k?

13. I did here that the full system was going to be around £3k but only for sale after all the ones had been made for the 275's.

14. Didnt the 275 ti system have a tiny centre silencer? The one on akrapovic website hasnt. So should be sound abit better.

15. Yer i remember seeing a tiny one in the vids

good guide here, never knew the standard system had impressed dots for cutting the right area!

also, ignoring the titanium, effectively its just the centre silencer cut out, rear box is the same

http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapovicbppmultimedia/07f7a54daa164f4aa7b9bd1997c1b157.pdf

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It will sound totally different, One it being Ti and 2 being a smaller box/different packed box.

Mine sounded completely different just by changing to a smaller rear box and thats just stainless....

17. But the rear box is no different in size to the std box? Any difference in noise will be negligable esp for the money

all im saying is cut the middle box out the std system and you have the same system as the akra just not titanium...im not that fussed. From the youtube vids, doesnt really sound much different. Im sure it would sound great in the .R however all stripped out

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Sounds a fair bit different in person to the stock systems on the 250/265's, Regardless of boxes etc Titanium systems always sound pretty different and unique to their Stainless counterparts.

I can almost bet that you will be able to get a full custom Ti system made up for less than what Akra will charge though

19. Oh im sure it does, but inside a normal 250/265/275 with all the seats etc, how much different would it sound compared to a oem system with the mid box chopped out.

If i offered something special like, i dont know, switchable exhaust valves or something for £1300 then its a different kettle of fish if you catch my drift...

20. Just to add Matty the 1300 will be for a stainless one, the titanium full system will be around 3k

21. Ah well. They are gona sell like hotcakes then....

22. Just reading on the french forum

630 euros for the steering wheel
    80 for handbrake gaiter
    80 for gearstick gaiter

pretty decent for the gaiters, from renault that is

23. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

If i was spending that cash on an exhaust i would be going custom and Titanium tbh, IIRC theres that catback from GT Performance for 1.3kish

24. Back on subject, a 275.R owner has put on the french site his exhaust was measured at 89db at charade circuit....cant be right? My r26 did about 95db on track

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Thats on a static test :wink:

They are as loud if not louder than a stock system minus mid box

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Can't remember exact numbers but mine is around 95 static and 105/10ish moving but i think the massive filter i run contributes to drive bys

27. Weird, im reading french translation here but some mention the 275 or .R's do have a small middle box - some comments of charade circuit and others having a 90db limit and then you have the option to get it removed if you wanted more noise

may have read it completely wrong mind!

also someone quoted 1788 euro for the backbox and 2268 euro for the system

28. Another guy speaking of the .R 'i found the exhaust noise similar to my madac steel tube with rear seats removed'

29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  30. From the end of november or december ktec racing are selling the ti system with carbon trim fir around £2k if i remember.

ive been looking at the bcs powervalve system, ummin n arrin about it.

31. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

32. What's the bore on this?

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

2.75" I believe

34. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Around 1.3k IIRC

You could get a custom Ti system made for that if not less, With full 3" piping

35. Cheers Jamie, just doing some man maths :wink:

Not sure I can justify that much for an exhaust though!

36. It'd be better spent on suspension imo