250 Airtec IC fitting issues

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by hooverphonique, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Hi fellows,

I am in the process of fitting the airtec IC to my 250, but it seems to foul the temperature/pressure sensor on the left side of the condenser (seen from front)... it's also a tight fit on the right hand side between the condenser and the IC where the condenser tapers out. Also, the original plastic ducting doesn't really fit any longer, which the documentation mentions nothing about. The thing is, I don't really care about the plastic ducting, except it holds the top plastic cover in place that goes over the condenser, radiator and horn. Did any of you have similar problems fitting this IC?

cheers,
    Jesper

2. Mine fouled it ,so I gave the sensor a turn with adjustable & it gave a bit more room.It is a tight squeeze, I did have an issue with the left side, had to pack the bracket out with a couple of washers as the crash bar angle was tighter than the bracket allowed.

3. thanks, T&B..

I've looked at adding a couple of washers as well.. did you do anthing to attach the ducting/top cover I mentioned, or did you just leave it off???

ta..

4. Didn't have any ducts fitted to start with, probably due to body shop not fitting them after I had an accident with a dear, which resulted in a new bumper,ic, radiator & headlight.

5. Trimmed them to fit as much as possible with a dremel. I forget exactly but I think I cut most of the bottom half off, I was surprised it received no mention at all too. Maybe they just wanted to keep to the 'no-cutting' fitting line....

6. I didn't refit the plastic covers.

7. Thanks for the replies, everyone..

I ended up cutting the ducting also.. Additionally, I found the IC a bit wobbly on the right hand side (from front), si I decided to do a little "bracket" which fits between the existing threaded hole on the back of the IC and the slot where the original IC mounts.. It's basically one of those bolts with an eyelet at one end and a bunch of washers and nuts.. Much stiffer now..

Please ignore the two middle nuts - I used them for gripping while bending into shape, then realized afterwards that the threads in the middle aren't needed :-/[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. There is no mention in the instructions as to what the threaded hole is for either. Cant see why its there , unless its a casting thats used on another model?