Aircon not working

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by pint, Jun 14, 2015.

1. When I bought the car about 6 weeks ago they mentioned that the aircon could do with re gassing as they thought it could be colder then it was.

I had the system re gassed today, and they confirmed that there are no leaks, but my air con still doesn't seem to be working.

When I turn it on or on auto the AC display comes on but you can't hear anything come on from the engine bay.

Any clues as to the cause?

I'm a real novice in the mechanical world so have no real clue as to what to look for. Likewise with the engine bay being so damn right I don't what or how to remove bits to gain access.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. If i remember correctly the aircon needs to be reset using Clip after being regassed.

3. I didn't on mine when I changed the radiator. Just gassed it up and it's nice and cold.

4. Could be the pressure switch or the compressor. I've recently had the compressor changed on my 250.

5. Pressure switches are super common.(its on the pipe at the front of the engine bay normally drivers side) With a diagnostic tool/code reader etc you can read the pressure that the ecu sees and then compare to the pressure that is put in with the air con machine.