Aircon deletion kits ????

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by midnightrunner, May 11, 2015.

1. As above, its seems my aircon suppressor is on its way out and instead of replacing it I am thinking about binning it with one of these kits, but don't know where to look to get one ??? anyone done this or know where to get one, I know a few of you guys have done race car projects so must have bin this of too

2. No need for aircon delete if you have an aircon suppressor :-p

3. figured the noise out to be this have you?
    ive removed my aircon by using different size belt and made an agricultural looking alternator bracket as adjuster.. no pictures of it though sorry..
    think you can do it properly with bits off the clio's, someone else will have to sort you out for this way though as i dont know much about it..

4. ok clever clogs, for all the other comedians out there, I did mean compressor, bloody noisy, smelly one at that too, cheers hoover for seeing that error amigo :tongueout:lol

5. cheers josh, I got told to give pure-motorsports a bell as they do em for the clio, but alas no luck, they will be doing em for the 197 but not for about 3 mths

so is your compressor for sale then hahahahaha

6. I removed the air con off my diesel.
    Just used a shorter belt and rotated the original tensioner.[​IMG]

You just need to drill a new 10mm hole for the locator on the tensioner.Doesn't need to be tidy its hidden be the tensioner anyway. [​IMG]
    Quick and easy and no need for any extra parts apart from the belt.

7. or do it the none cheap way and buy a 197 cup alternator braket. Bolts up in the same way and uses the same belt it replaces the air con compressor

8. Hey james that's mega, appreciate the pics mate, need to have a chat to my mechanic as I am just to lazy , but that's what I pay him for lol

9. F3CDBC5B-695C-4660-99DC-916D2512D724_zpsq7iknq9p.png

10. so that's it MJ57 cos I know you have done this too, just get the 197 brkt, I think its about 130 quid or so and job done ??? no other mucking about or fettling :blush: have you got s link where you got yours, or did you just order it from Renault??

do you know how much weight this saves MJ if you also get rid of all the pipe work too , cheers for pic btw

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You should loose ~20Kg's by ditching all the AC system.

Engine Dynamics may look into doing a delete kit as i had asked them about one for the MK3 RS but they need a few people to express interest to make it worthy

12. I've looked into this too and come up with the same part MJ57 has used...

Here's a better pic with the part number

Aircon%20Delete_zpsmiffcbgm.jpg

13. That part number wont exist if you ring up renault. I have the part number some where but yes it bolts up nicely

14. Mj does that bracket part come with that pulley too ???

15. Yup everything you need.

16. did mine about 18months ago compressor is in a scrapyard somewhere haha

and there answered, 197 bracket.. Might keep eye out for one for mine..

17. many thanks MJ, that part number would be great if you find it mate seeing as this one 8200509929 is incorrect

18. I didn't know that part number no longer existed.

If your struggling to find the correct part number I'll give you the Reg' of my old 197 Cup which I had from new and didn't spec aircon.

19. That's real kind of you mark, if you could pm me that be great, I am still in 2 minds to do it though after a long chat with my mech as he is saying do it by all means but if you do then get rid of everything associated with it too or waste of time lol, after his chat I wont be saving money what with all the man hours, I need to sleep on this as I aint making a racer, but the naughty devil on my right shoulder says " fukit do it"

20. You cant remove everything without taking the engine out. But take the pipes out upto the condensor and it will be fine.

To remove the pipes upto the condensor it should only be a couple of hours work if that. If you were closer id do it for you

21. Really appreciate everyones time and effort with this, real nice of you all, gunna think real hard on this, got til wed to decide, angel to the left says "just get compressor changed for them hot summer days crusing and when we re-sell it", devil on the right says "fuk him, we aint never selling it and do the delete option you pussie you need to shed as much weight as you can you fat ole sheep sh@@ger".

And lets ne honest the devil has a point lol, many thanks again all......