Airbox No feed Issue?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Canky, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Hi All,

Took the cone filter out at the weekend and replaced with pipercross panel and modified airbox with the back cut out. the pipe that went from the under the battery tray to the wheel arch was somewhat perished and wasnt the greatest but it was there assuming doing an ok job.

It didnt look oem and must of been installed at same time as the cone filter. Ive ordered some new ducting (not too long) due to the old one having better days.

However, when trying to redirect the existing ducting down to the front bumper for now its got tucked behind the bumper doh! does this cause issues with the air going in? or does air get in anyway.

Do you have to run a ducting to the air filter or is it fine with no ducting? (i know there is numerous threads about cold air feeds etc but not really looking for a discussion on that)

Ive noticed a little hesitation is best to describe it but doesnt feel like plugs/coil packs etc as ive had that before and know what thats like.

Would it be this ducting that is not getting air in behind the bumper.

Obviously once my new ducting comes im going to sort it out but as we are on dark nights and i work all week wont have a chance till the weekend.