265 Airbox foam

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by MarkRSi, Aug 15, 2013.

1. While checking the oil I couldn't help noticing this foam in the airbox...

[​IMG]

Does this make any difference it removed?

2. More noise is the only change.

3. Might make I little improvement in noise, just rip it out and cut the front of the air box out, you'll get a good bit of induction noise from it, it's a common mod

4. Is there a guide for this on this forum?
    Or is it a case of just chopping the whole front off the airbox?

5. There is for the mk2 not sure about the mk3

6. Sound great :smiley:

7. Sorry i didnt notice thie thread was for mk3 :l

How do i go about doing it on my R26? Cheers.

8. Where the suction pipe attachés to the front of the airbox (infront of the ecu) widen the intake hole on the box, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376656112.103081.jpg

9. Ok is it difficult to remove the box? Lokks pretty cramed in there haha

10. Battery out job. More hassle than it's worth IMO.

11. Does it give any sorts of gain/induction noise?

12. French forum claim 3bhp and its louder yes

13. Yeah it's louder. Butchering your airbox for 3 bhp doesn't seem worth it imo.

14. It's not about the hp, it's the noise lol! I swapped the stock panel for a green cotton version, although I don't expect any gains it does give a nice little tone plus the turbo winding up is much louder. The replacement panels are always good value and don't do any harm, mines hd the thickness of the original and amazingly well made. It's coming out next week as got the induction kit ready to go in :smile:

15. Nice one, im going to tackle mine tomorrow! :smiley:

16. So easy, do it in 10 mins.

Battery out, ecu out, battery tray out.

Pull intake pipes off airbox, tug airbox out.

17. Don't you need to put some of that back in then lol! :smile:

18. Ecu out? :blush:

19. Yer its screwed to the battery try dont panic its simple. 3 plugs go in the side of it, theres little plastic nibs you need to push down on each one so the grey sliders can go over them and released the plug....youll understand this when you see it!

20. I just usually unscrew it from the tray and move it out the way. Knowing my luck I would unplug then it wouldn't work again LOL

21. Nah its easy, more out the way the better

22. Tried it the day, got the battery out and ECU, but then i couldnt get the battery tray out as the 2 torx bits are rusted to death at the front.

Have to stay the way it is for now :worried:

23. That was my worry haha, I just fold it out the way lol